HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame Reunion

This is what Garnett Street in Henderson, NC will look like at about 12:00 or 1:00 Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	82840117 (2) (640x480).jpg
Views:	502
Size:	307.3 KB
ID:	14197  
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #12
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Just a FYI, make sure you take lots of photos of the old Super Stock & Pro Stock race cars there, and report back here with some of them in the Classracer threads...have fun there.
Hemi Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #13
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My grandson and I picked up Akron Arlen Vanke at the airport yesterday. Very good conversation on the way up to Henderson, NC. On I-85, about 5 miles from Henderson, we meet a Don Grotheer Cuda being towed on an open trailer. Now you got to know the conversation of old times really picked up.

Got to Henderson and motel lots were starting to fill up. Walmart parking lot looked like a pit area. Walmart is adjacent to three of the host motels.

Going to load the race car and head to Henderson for the barbeque, car show, at Satterwhite Point and then to Roxboro Motorsports Park, "Person County Dragway"

See you there
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #14
Frank Spittle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The hightlight for me this year was the tribute to Don Carlton and the "Missile" program. The clinic today lead by Ted Spehar, Dick Oldfield, Tom Hoover and Joe Pappas was spellbinding throughout the 2 hours as they discussed in great detail how much time went into the development of Pro Stock in the early days.
Frank Spittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #15
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Frank, did you take anything to the show or are you currently working on any new projects or just kicking back right now...I remember those old Super Stock Reunions you used to have back in the late 80's early 90's, would you happen to have any old photos from back then.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #16
Frank Spittle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Moose View Post
Frank, did you take anything to the show or are you currently working on any new projects or just kicking back right now...I remember those old Super Stock Reunions you used to have back in the late 80's early 90's, would you happen to have any old photos from back then.
I didn't take anything this year. I was there to introduce my old T/F Motorcycle buddy Pete Hill into the HOF. We raced each other regularly before I retired in '85, the same year I started the S/S Reunions. I do have hundreds of pictures from the 20 events I organized but they will not post here for some reason. They post fine on the HAMB and I have probably 100 on the Super Stock Reunion thread there.

I am presently finishing a '53 Studebaker coupe with a 354 Chrysler Hemi. I did a body off the frame and it looks like it came from the factory with this engine. I will have it out next spring.
Frank Spittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #17
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3racing View Post
This is what Garnett Street in Henderson, NC will look like at about 12:00 or 1:00 Saturday.
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #18
Hemiparts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Spittle View Post
The hightlight for me this year was the tribute to Don Carlton and the "Missile" program. The clinic today lead by Ted Spehar, Dick Oldfield, Tom Hoover and Joe Pappas was spellbinding throughout the 2 hours as they discussed in great detail how much time went into the development of Pro Stock in the early days.
I agree 1000% to hear it straight from the "horses mouth" as to how they built that program and the stories that went along with them for a second generation drag racer it was like going to school on Mopar drag racing. As a testement to how important these guys were to look around and see the likes of Roy Hill and Hubert Platt sitting in the clinic was awesome. I especialy have a special affection for the Missile program since i had a chance to drive one of the Original Missile cars a few years back during the reunion weekend @ Roxboro ( see my sig pic) I videotaped the whole clinic and i'm sure i watch it millions of times..

Chris

Last edited by Hemiparts; 10-22-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Hemiparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #19
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Anyone have anymore pics from the show, perhaps some of the race cars that showed up...
Old 10-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #20
James L Miller

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

I got these from Marc Rozman. I got some from Stewart of the four "Missile" cars. For some reason they painted the wire car up with the Mopar Missile name instead of Don Carlton on the side like it was originally. A bad mistake in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8548 (640 x 424).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	14256   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8551 (640 x 424).jpg
Views:	126
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	14257   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8557 (640 x 424).jpg
Views:	132