HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Jamie Tupper wins TNT Super Series Mopar Nitro Jam Nats!

Local bracket racer wins Top Dragster in the main event as well!

Twenty-nine of the best sportsman racers in the northeast assembled on Friday at the Grand Bend Motorplex for a unique Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series event.

This is the second time that the 10.90 sportsman drag racing series has held an event as part of the IHRA Mopar Nitro Jam Nationals weekend. Presented by Rosehill Auction House, the TNTSS event drew competitors from across Ontario and the north-eastern United States.

When the dust settled, it was Jamie Tupper from Tillsonburg, Ontario taking the victory and earning a spot in the Performance Improvements Race of Champions.

In round one on Friday night, Jamie defeated Paul "Racer" Brown who missed the tree and lost in a double breakout 10.901 to a 10.876. Then George Mayer went red by .003 sending Jamie into round three where he faced Larry Pulver. With only .004 separating them off the line, Jamie ran closer to the index at 10.929 to Larry's 11.015.

In the semi's, Jamie lined up against last year's event winner Rob Holden. Rob had a significant advantage off the line .010 to .047 however Jamie drove around him at the stripe running dead on 10.907 to Rob's 10.957.

On the other side of the ladder, Sam LoVetro Jr was marching his way through the field defeating Rudy Matthews, Chris VanBaalen and Ted Barnes.

When the two met in the final round, Sam had the advantage on the tree with a .022 to a .068 reaction. But Jamie ran on the good side of the index, taking the win with a 10.935 to Sam's too fast 10.878.

"I want to thank my wife, Sheila for supporting me in my racing whether she can come with me or not," said Jamie in the Grand Bend winner's circle. "Also Laura Shepherd for being a great pit crew on the weekend and Tom Coonly for helping me set the car up to run Hot Rod."

Jamie was quick to thank series sponsor Joe Boniferro of Joe's Transmission along with Mo and Joe Passero of Rosehill Auction House for presenting the race.

"We got lucky in the last round. The dew came in and the track went away," Jamie added.

He then went on to win an Ironman in the Top Dragster class as well. Jamie is no stranger to the winner's circle with some of his biggest successes coming as multiple victories in the northern Ontario Show Me The Money tour.

Jamie's car is a 2000 Corvette with a 565 Chevrolet for power. "This was my first time racing this car in Hot Rod so it was exciting to get the win. Thanks to Kerry Kershaw and all of my friends for their support and advice," he added. Jamie owns and operates J&S Collision and is a long-time supporter of the TNT Super Series. J&S Collision has sponsored the closest to the index specialty award for years.

With seven races complete on the 2012 schedule, Chris VanBaalen now sits in the championship points lead with a 17 point margin ahead of second place Jon Jablonski.

The next stop on the 2012 Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series schedule is St Thomas Raceway Park in Sparta, Ontario on Saturday and Sunday August 4-5. Kevin Orr Mechanical is presenting a double race weekend including a special RACER BARBEQUE hosted by Laurie Orr on Saturday night. Visit www.tntsuperseries.com for full details.

Specialty Awards
•Hoosier Tire Canada $100 certificate - Number One Qualifier
◦Tom Coonly (Blasdell, NY) with a 10.901
•J&S Collision $50 - Closest to the Index (1st Round Loser)
◦Jacob Elrod (Harrod, OH) with a 10.910
•Grand Bend Motorplex FREE PASS - Best Reaction Time (1st Round Loser)
◦Bill Elekes (West Seneca, NY) with a .021

2012 Joe's Transmission TNTSS Points Standings - After 7 of 13
1 Chris/Peter VanBaalen 477
2 Jon Jablonski 460
3 Tom Coonly 436
4 Larry Pulver 418
5 David Surmatchewski 417
6 Mark Herbold 396
7 Gary Saska 392
8 Steve McCarrick 390
9 Andrew Stirk 379
10 Harry Phelps 378