HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 06-12-2018, 03:45 PM   #1
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 279 Times in 149 Posts
Default Navajo Code Talkers

One of the last Navajo Code Talkers has just died THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE---without these soldiers the war outcome may have been different--- they were an exceptionally valuable group to the success of the allies---only less than maybe 10 are still alive now-RIP--FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:31 PM   #2
Hacksaw

Liked 272 Times in 149 Posts
Default Re: Navajo Code Talkers

Time marches on, sorry another one has passed. FED 387: Perhaps you could provide history / info and educate us on the importance of the code talkers role, interesting history for sure.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:24 AM   #3
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
Time marches on, sorry another one has passed. FED 387: Perhaps you could provide history / info and educate us on the importance of the code talkers role, interesting history for sure.

I don't want to steal Dick's thunder but as a Marine it is only right that a Marine tell the story of the Code Talkers. These Marine played an important role in the conquest of the Japanese Empire through the use of the Navajo language. Native Americans have played a role in code talking since WW I. The Navajo language as it was used for troop movements, naval gun fire, air support was never broken by the Japanese. Here is great article that is more detailed on their part in the war: https://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-c...n-world-war-ii

Semper fi my brothers may you rest in peace, may your service to this great nation always be remembered.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:09 AM   #4
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 279 Times in 149 Posts

Thank you Ed - I think this story only begins to really tell what actually happened but it is a start. So many times things that seemingly were considered minimal actually had a much greater impact at the time than other ever realized. Respectfully Dick
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:25 PM   #5
2021STK

Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts

Recently went to the Marine Corp. museum near Quantico, Va. for my first visit.I knew of the Code Talkers for many years and was impressed by their contribution to winning WWII. Very brave men of the greatest generation!
2021STK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:20 PM   #6
JRyan

Liked 101 Times in 27 Posts

There was also another group of code talkers. Seven members of various Sioux Tribes, Lakota, Dakota, and Nakota, also used their unwritten language to baffle the enemy. They did this in spite of the fact that there was great prejudice against Indian people at the time.

Unfortunately, that prejudice still exists today. Most people are unaware of the sacrifice those seven Sioux and the Navajo Code talkers did for our country.

Jerry
JRyan is offline   Reply With Quote