HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 10-29-2009, 10:15 AM   #21
S/ST4707

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: IHRA tournament of Champions

Michael and Danny, We had a runoff in each of our areas. It was called the Pro Am Tour. All the competitors from our division, including the national event winners, participated. I am not shooting down your ideas as I do not have one any better. Hopefully a race can be scheduled to finish the TOC and Allstar races. Sid Norwood
S/ST4707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:54 AM   #22
M Cotten

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with Michaels suggestion. I believe that IHRA has to put this race to bed (or out of its misery, however you want to put it).

I have absolutely no intention of driving the 1200 miles plus again for a rerun of this race, but due to the fact that my home track is no longer IHRA I have probably attended my last IHRA race for the forseeable future anyway.

I understand the desire of many of the competitors to decide the championship on the track at a later date and have no problem if that is the final decision, but my vote is for some kind of a split of the purse.

Mike Cotten
M Cotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #23
TCOONLY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i agree with chip here i believe this should be settled on the track the way it was set up to be in the first place. the whole idea of this set up was to help keep the cost of racing down during these times and going off the years total points wouldnt be fair to everyone who showed up. i traveled 1500 miles round trip and would be more than happy to do it again to race this race. Biggest thing i think is that it needs to be on its own weekend not like this past weekend 10 lbs of crap in a 5lbs bag
Old 10-29-2009, 12:48 PM   #24
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

My personal opinion: If it were any other national event or even a Pro-Am event, it would be rescheduled. I don't see why this should be any different. According to this year's rules, I qualified for an opportunity to race for $10K/Ironman/gold card -- not a split purse. I may very well lose 1st round and get nothing, but that should be determined on the race track. Earn what you get, and get what you earn.

If you have regional runoffs, then you're forcing people to travel TWO more times, and the ladder is modified. It should be a 5-6 round race, tops. I've traveled 1,300 miles to San Antonio (and oh, BTW, that's when gas was expensive, and it cost me $658 for the 2,600 mile round trip. You don't "HAVE" to have a toter/stacker... that's an individual's choice), 1,107 to Tulsa, and had to travel to Toronto twice one year because of a rainout, and had to travel a second time to rained out Pro-Ams before, too. Yes, it sucks, but that's the hand we were dealt. I believe the majority of people drove fewer miles chasing points this year. If someone feels one more long trip isn't worth a free-entry $10K race, then that's an individual's decision. If they rescheduled the race for Dallas Raceway, I would get in the truck and drive to Texas. I would typically tow 15K miles a year chasing points. This year, I won the first National I attended, and didn't go to any more. I still went to 10 Pro-Ams and 2 Sportsnationals, because they were decent investments and fit into my schedule. But all told, my towing mileage was WAY down this year. Tell me what the rules are, when and where we are racing, and I will be there.

Reschedule the race, and run it like it was originally scheduled to be run. We haven't even run an official Qualifying pass for the ToC yet, so it should be considered an "open field" for all those that have qualified, regardless of whether they made the first trip to Rockingham or not.

My personal opinion only,

PS - great to see all the folks we too rarely get a chance to see -- the Cotten family, Kevin & Scott Helms, Chris Gulitti, Alex & Beth, the Boltons, Bob Murray & crew, and many, many others. And big thanks to all who helped so much this weekend!

PPS - Adger, can't set records at Nationals/Sportsnationals... Love ya buddy, but if you go -1.40, you need hit.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #25
Nova4301

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Chip, I just figure it might be a little more fair if a reschedule got moved a little more west (if there was a vote then nearly everyone would vote for the track that is closest to them, so you are right if the majority of the racers are near the east coast, which they are, then we will be right back at or near rockingham).

Anyhow, if there is a national event that I can pick up at the rescheduled TOC race then I'll porbably go pretty much wherever it ends up at seeing as though I will have all winter to regain some leave and I'll be more hungry to race again by then. So, I guess I agree with Michael...reschedule and I am probably there.

P.S.Chip, I noticed you got beat in the sportsnationals on an exact same double breakout as the other guy...same thing happened to me against Norwood at State Capitol...I just stared at the slip for about a half hour wondering how the "first or worst" rule worked on that deal. (I got there second on a double breakout...I thought that was what you are supposed to do...someone should have told me "oh and don't breakout by the same amount as the other guy") oh well...tough racin's...fun racin'.

P.S. Tom Coonly, good race first round we had...I had a little trouble with my car on that lap but you laying down a nice run. As it turned out I probably could have bombed the motor and still had enough time to replace it before my next lap.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #26
Michael Lyons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down Re: IHRA tournament of Champions

If you re run it many will not return and the winners will be the world champion by default. So at this point you will not be able to settle this on the racetrack. I for one cannot comeback unless I wanna lose my job.
Michael Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #27
schultz

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

The longer they wait to make a decision, the wosre it will get and that's the same thing they did at Rockingham. The dopes in the tower are the same ones that will make the call on this.

Craig Schultz
H/R 5909
schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #28
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

The same would be true under the original points system if you needed to go rounds to make up points at your 6th National Event claim. No different. If the event is rescheduled, and you don't go back, you don't have a shot. If you go back, you have a shot. Not everyone's going to be able to do it.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #29
Michael Lyons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no not the same. No matter who showed up I had a bye run first round. And de[pending on what light I cut, could have another 2nd round and depending on the ladder possibly a third bye later on so a 6th round would be looking pretty good..
Michael Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #30
TCOONLY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

maybe its just me but i really dont see this race getting re run until next year unless they plan on going out west and all pretty much screwed! by then we will all have more time off of work and be able to go race this the way it is supposed to be. thats how i see it but well see how ihra sees it