HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Southern Stock and Super Stock Association

Old 09-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Smile Next year ?

I was just wondering how next season is looking for next year? Will more cars make it out to support the association on a regular basis? Are the tracks wanting to allow the time space for these kind of races or will it begin to decline? Has it been slow because of the heat of the summer or the economy? Now that Im getting more familiar with Florida and where the tracks are located I will attend more races first as a spectator and hopefully a little latter as a participant. Im still trying to decide on the direction I want to go. The move was just about all I could handle at first and I still need to bring some of my tools and valve grinding equipment back from my friends place in Md. Maybe I could help out in some small way if Jim and the members are interested?
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
scott helms

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Next year ?

That's a good question I don't have a lot of say for down there but originally these races were fill in for off season racing in fla and were going to be afternoon or night races,two day deals when possible. I still think a gauranteed purse is what it will take to get more participation. I am going to try and get something going out here like orig. planned and see if we can get a div 1 div 2 thing going. I don't want to speak out of turn but prob. hear more around pri show I believe. and yes I'm sure Jim and Merrill could use the help just e-mail them
Old 09-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
Jim Woods

Liked 32 Times in 14 Posts

Scott
I made contact with the owner at Baton Rouge and he said his track is open to as many races as we wanted to have their. i talked with him at the nitro jam event this year.The door is open for you.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Jim, have you talked to Richard Stevens at Emerald Coast Dragway? I'd love to come run the camaro some next year but it would be great if the closest race wasn't 5-6 hrs away. Baton Rouge, Belle Rose, Gulfport, or Emerald Coast would be great, and I think it would pull a lot of the cars from LA, MS, and AL. I'd be happy to help if needed.