HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 06-20-2019, 05:13 PM   #31
g moore

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: RIP Harry Holton

harry is the best. love him dearly. julie and jarrod reflect his great ideals and integrity. wish peace to all of you.
g moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:53 PM   #32
Greg Gay

Liked 218 Times in 48 Posts

So sad to hear of Harry's passing. I think I had met him before, but my father got to meet him in 1999 at the Seattle race. My father was so impressed with that 1965 Hemi car that he still brings it up from time to time.

I think we were talking about being late on the tree, or spinning the tires, and I'm paraphrasing, but he said something like, "With a Hemi, you still always have an opportunity to win" referring to the power that they make. He sure did love his Hemis!
Greg Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:58 PM   #33
MRE 7171

Liked 73 Times in 21 Posts

Julie, may the Lord be with you and your family in this very sad time. Always enjoyed talking to Harry, will miss seeing him at the track. I remembered at Sonoma one year when they were doing an NHRA tearing down of one of his Hemis and asked if there we any issues, he said no Fred I'm way legal and I still have more things to try that that will make me faster, I was impressed because he was already running quicker and faster than any Hemi at the time, Fred Moreno
MRE 7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:09 PM   #34
Julie Jordan

Liked 298 Times in 60 Posts

Thank you everyone for your comments, they mean a lot to us. As you all know, I was very close with my dad. Every daughter should grow up with the love, security and unconditional support I had with him. Of course, that was enhanced over the years with our shared love of drag racing. He had an awful disease and the end was not pleasant. Even though we knew his time was coming and thought we were prepared to say goodbye, when he passed we found out we still weren't ready. But I have no regrets, he always knew how much I loved him. Each day gets better. I am doing his eulogy on Friday. I hope I can keep it together long enough to talk!
Old 06-26-2019, 07:22 PM   #35
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,665 Times in 851 Posts

Julie, during the eulogy remember you’re not up there alone. Your dad is right there, encouraging and cheering just as he’s always been. God’s peace surrounds your entire family.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:18 PM   #36
Bryan Phillips

Liked 37 Times in 16 Posts

I remember hearing Harry's name when I was pretty young. He was one of my Dad's favorite S/S racers. I feel so fortunate to have gotten to know Harry, Julie and Jared after I began racing. Julie and Jared, my family sends our love and thoughts to all of you.
Sincerely, Bryan
Bryan Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:26 AM   #37
Len Imbrogno

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Julie, So sad to hear about the passing of your Dad. He was a good guy and will be missed by everyone that knew him. RIP Harry.

Len