HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-22-2014, 06:36 PM   #11
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: Towing with a Class C Motorhome...

I've got an old Minnie Winnie ('84), and finally put a hitch on it this past summer. I had the rear frame reinforced also. I use my bars and hitch from my Ram 1500 setup that I use when not on the road. I've got a 24ft. Wells enclosed and only a 350 in the motorhome, so I'm not the fastest out there, but I finally arrive. Its nice to have your things close like Keith said. Once I get up to speed its not too bad, but I don't cross mountain passes either. If I go to say, Boise I would hook up to my Ram and get a hotel. As far as putting it away,, I have to unhook and back it up my ally inside my fence, so there again I use my pickup since theres not enough room to swing the motorhome and trailer. Its a bit of a hassle,, but something I don't mind doing. I'm hauling a small block Nova, so the weight hasn't been a problem so far.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #12
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Towing with a Class C Motorhome...

Thanks Gary but that would never work for me.
I live on a very busy street and doing a routine like that would be tough.
I have a routine for getting backed in and feel I can do it with the MH but have to be fairly quick about it. Traffic and impatient drivers. Weekends are not to bad but forget about during the week. Late afternoon traffic is so heavy I would never even think of trying to get in my driveway at those times.

I added a good deal of metal today to the frame and tied it all to the hitch.

I have a good hitch with the best sway control and will try it all next spring.

If it doesn't work I am not sure what I will do. Was just looking for a little more space and comfort at the races......truck camper was just to small.

I have spoken to a few guys using small Class C's with no toad and they are not having any problems.....Hoping I can get by with what I have....

Thanks
Old 11-22-2014, 07:51 PM   #13
Gary Merrick

Liked 196 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Towing with a Class C Motorhome...

Hey Rich,

I understand perfectly. I guess I am fortunate that I am not in a busy neighborhood, so it does make it a lot easier without having to worry about a ton of traffic. There are a lot of very impatient folks.

From what I have been told, you need to watch the walls on a Class C with a lot of overhang and towing a trailer. Since you have a dragster and not of weight, you will probably be just fine.

Good Luck,
GM
Gary Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote