HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-22-2018, 11:22 PM   #1
Jim Hawkins

Liked 109 Times in 32 Posts
Default Modified carb question

I think this has been discussed before but can you run a single carb in modified? For example if you had a SS/BS car with the 750 carb and wanted to run SS/CM can you run the same 750 carb or any single carb? Or is it 2 carbs only in SS/CM?
Jim Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 06:47 PM   #2
al wisniewski

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Modified carb question

Jim,I've seen guys just run a big carb in the modified classes.Probably if it is on the list of accepted carbs,it is legal.
al wisniewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:43 PM   #3
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts
Default Re: Modified carb question

There is more information in the carb section of the Accepted Products Guide. The copy I have on hand is 2017, so check the current one. SS/AM-EM are listed under American Production 4-Barrels and just says "In line/Three Prohibited". The notes for that section are below. Sounds like CM can use anything on the whole list up through 850. With three prohibited sounds like two is OK but no six packs.

I'm no tech but I hope this helps.
Any of the accepted 600, 750, or 850 CFM carburetors listed above may also be used in these classes. For these applications the throttle bore, venturi, throttle shaft and plate dimensions listed apply for these carburetors only.
-
Any carburetor manufacturer represented in the NHRA Blueprint Bulletins; i.e. Holley, Carter, Rochester, Autolite, Ford, Straumberg, etc. is accepted.
-
Any carburetors produced by an accepted manufacturer plus the specific carburetors listed below.
-
For any accepted carburetor not specifically listed (or noted) any size throttle bores and venturis as produced are permitted; no size limits apply but no modifications from the as produced throttle bore and venturi dimensions are permitted.
*********EDITED*******************