HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-19-2019, 12:39 AM   #121
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: If an advocate could be found - what would you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
It is pretty hard to post an opinion or suggestion with out getting caught up between the feuding sides in this thread. I'm out
Yes - why speak up if you disagree with any point of view

Do not support the unpopular on here

This post will likely draw fire even though you probably can't tell what I am saying

Some can not resist antagonizing others

I have tried to stay off this site but I hate unnecessary abuse by the righteous

As Popeye said "that's all I can stands - I can't stands no more"

Especially when they seem like ..... well you know

Now to quote Rodney King "can't we all just get along" and support the new sportsman messiah

Ron
Old 02-19-2019, 08:20 AM   #122
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,082 Times in 769 Posts

Class Racer.com for me is a happy outlet from daily life and all opinions about sportsmen racing are important and respected, however the divisive comments made by some are inappropriate and unnecessary.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:12 AM   #123
Dan Fletcher
Sponsor

Liked 963 Times in 61 Posts

Not attempting to be self serving, but this one was put directly in front of me this week. If an event is under quota, why in the 'eff does one have to withdraw by Monday at 3pm est? I realize NHRA might have to absorb the cost of a window sticker that goes unused, but it certainly would be nice to have an extra couple days to watch the weather evolve. Enhance me for $10 if you have too, lmfao.

Clearly, one should be able to enter as well, again, if under quota. I realize NHRA might not have time to produce the credentials package one is issued, but I'd like to think we could find a way to work around that overwhelming obstacle.

DAN FLETCHER TRAILER SALES

Dan Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:06 AM   #124
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 400 Times in 191 Posts

Dan, I would be interested in your take on the complaints mentioned in this and the other threads and call for a sportsman advocate. If not wanting to state your position here, feel free to PM me, your comments will remain private.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:20 AM   #125
wagonboy

Liked 26 Times in 5 Posts

so if it is about time and space- I think it would be a good idea to let more cars in another class if another does not fill up. Super stock is sometimes light. Why not open S/C or S/G for the amount of cars that another is low.

Same pit space, same track time.

I'm sure there could be a system put in place to do that, and it would be appreciated by racers who are trying to get in.
wagonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:53 AM   #126
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,869 Times in 641 Posts

Ed I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest some of what I would think would be Dan's concerns. From the point of view from someone that made their living as a professional sportsman racer I would think the fact that he can't earn half of what he did 20 years ago for winning a race would be the top of the list!
Liked
Old 02-19-2019, 11:58 AM   #127
1320racer
VIP Member

With all due respect, I'm only interested in hearing from Dan directly. There are several others who's opinion of NHRA Sportsman Racing I'd be interested in hearing as well. David Rampy for example.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:07 PM   #128
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,869 Times in 641 Posts

I have no problem with that Ed I would be interested as well but I bet I'm right lol. For me I'm not on the sky is falling side but there are some things I think could be improved for everyone's benefit.
Liked
Old 02-19-2019, 12:34 PM   #129
1320racer
VIP Member

as I stated in one of these threads, NOTHING is perfect except for my wife. I'm sure if you polled every NHRA Sportsman Racer in the lanes at every event as to things they'd like to see changed, you'd get 100s of suggestions if not more and the responses would vary depending on the class they compete in. I agree with Dan's comment below, as my son was not allowed to enter the MG National event on Tuesday morning despite 9 withdrawals IIRC due to the weather on Tuesday that didn't show on Monday when he tried to get in.

I'm pretty sure most would like to race for more $ but they don't want to pay more to enter but raise the quotas to accommodate those not willing to put the time, expense and work in at divisional events to accumulate the necessary grade points to run in the Pro's show, I say NO!!

What would I like see changed?...I'd like to see the NHRA lower the index of throttle stop classes by 1 second. A high 8 second dragster was fast in the early 90s but in 2019, almost unheard of and most are killing at least 1 second and many far more in a class that is dominated by 7 second dragsters. Same can be said for SG and S/ST, most there too are killing at least 1 second.

I'm interested in somebody listing their opinion on the improvements that would be beneficial to EVERY NHRA Sportsman Racer.

Last edited by 1320racer; 02-19-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:02 PM   #130
Julie Jordan

Liked 322 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
as I stated in one of these threads, NOTHING is perfect except for my wife. I'm sure if you polled every NHRA Sportsman Racer in the lanes at every event as to things they'd like to see changed, you'd get 100s of suggestions if not more and the responses would vary depending on the class they compete in. I agree with Dan's comment below, as my son was not allowed to enter the MG National event on Tuesday morning despite 9 withdrawals IIRC due to the weather on Tuesday that didn't show on Monday when he tried to get in.

I'm pretty sure most would like to race for more $ but they don't want to pay more to enter but raise the quotas to accommodate those not willing to put the time, expense and work in at divisional events to accumulate the necessary grade points to run in the Pro's show, I say NO!!

What would I like see changed?...I'd like to see the NHRA lower the index of throttle stop classes by 1 second. A high 8 second dragster was fast in the early 90s but in 2019, almost unheard of and most are killing at least 1 second and many far more in a class that is dominated by 7 second dragsters. Same can be said for SG and S/ST, most there too are killing at least 1 second.

I'm interested in somebody listing their opinion on the improvements that would be beneficial to EVERY NHRA Sportsman Racer.
Many of us do put in the time and expense to get grade points. We drove over 6000 miles last year to get 5 grade points and probably for nothing as the quota for the Vegas national was filled at 6. Some divisions have less tracks/more geography than others. Reducing the quotas the way they have has been a real deterrent to many racers in the larger geographical areas. I'm self-employed and, except for tax season, have a lot of flexibility in my schedule. My son is an attorney with the Public Defender's office. He races using his vacation time. The more travel days we have the less days he gets to allocate to race. I would like to see the quotas raised again and/or give priority to racers in the division the national event is being held.