HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-10-2023, 01:17 PM   #71
Dick Nearhoof

Liked 91 Times in 29 Posts
Default Re: A 30 year journey, and a 2nd chance.

From -.15 under in Vegas to -.71 in Pomona Very impressive. I surely admire your philosophy to never give in to a problem!!
Dick Nearhoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 05:01 AM   #72
Cglrcng

Liked 108 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Nearhoof View Post
From -.15 under in Vegas to -.71 in Pomona Very impressive. I surely admire your philosophy to never give in to a problem!!
E1 it ran -.789 after -.008 to a -.005 lights in E1 (both going after trip zip), I knew he was as he was dialed hard and I knew we both had to go for it), These first 4 events have been a large learning curve for me, as of Sept. 2023 forward have been my only experience w/ the LED tree, all my other passes were 5 10ths 5 amber or 3 amber flood light lit trees and I knew it would take some time, still working hard experimenting w/ coffee and food intake to find the right early morning racing combo (I am too up on the wheel, and just a few thou on the wrong side of the tree so far...Thanks Dick!

The car though, is doing exactly what I have asked of it so far, zero complaints there. The air was great (fantastic), in Pomona, just as it was back in Feb 1995 the last time I ran it there it ran -.721 under in GF/SA, at same Index, and a little lighter.

Just about to start some further changes on the car this off season.
Old 11-22-2023, 05:55 AM   #73
Cglrcng

Liked 108 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
I am going to report you for having too much fun!!!
My wife and 3 boys already know! And yes, after sitting out 26 years, I am flat having a blast! I feel like it is 1975 again, not yet my most successful season of 1984, but I hope that is coming (If I can just slow my leaves down a few thousanths, to as green as I have been red so far, I will load that tree up in the hatchback and steal it!)

Going fast was never really a part of my competition equation, but side by side in the lights is what excites me, and to do it with even much faster competition is more fun than I can even imagine attempting to bring it down to an inch! (David, to get to race with many of the best Stock racers in the country at Las Vegas & Pomona at season's end in only my 3rd and 4th event back in the saddle, was a dream come true, and it is beyond fun!)

It is a blast! (I just get at this late stage in life, to stay out there on the track doing it, every pass, quite a bit longer than anyone else does!) It is though too bad NHRA has that rule of not aiming a camera at the competition, because if they did not, I would mount a go-pro under my rear bumper so everyone could see the under chassis view I see in my rear view mirror of the competition when they go wheels up, usually when I am about to cross the 660' mark, it is to die for!

I don't know if anyone else noticed or not, but my last pass of the season, was -789 under, almost 4/10ths off the EF/S Record as far as E.T., but was 4/10ths of a mile an hr. faster than the MPH that was set at. When you pilot a slow heavy sled, the little things are big accomplishments.

That is only a tiny increment, but knowing the car like I do, I can switch to the front street tires, and run 2/10ths slower, but pump that up at least 1 MPH faster. Another small increment.

To see, and be with old friends again, all doing what we love to do...I am just getting started having fun!
Old 11-30-2023, 08:13 AM   #74
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,791 Times in 1,524 Posts

So Gary, any plans for this off-season?

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote