Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racing Events > Events
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-30-2011, 02:28 AM   #31
BobOrme

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: IHRA Pro-Am, Ashcroft, BC - May 20 -23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Plummer View Post
I am looking on the Eagle Website and the IHRA Pro-Am website and cannot figure out the exact race days for this event. They just list May 20-23. Is it really a 4-day event?

Seems like most of the Pro-Ams and national events are 2 day affairs?

I have decided to attend this race and I am trying to make work and travel plans. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
As I understand it, the 20th will be a test and tune day. SREPA 6-1 will be run on the 21st and SREPA 6-2 will be run on the 22nd. The 23rd is some kind of Canadian holiday and a bracket race event is planned for that day.

Car counts shouldn't make a difference as to which classes are run at a Pro-Am. They should run all 7 classes as separate classes. Dallas last year only had 2 cars in SS, and the same 2 cars ran their category both race days.
BobOrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #32
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

So which membership do I need to run this event? And do I need a second membership to run the season bracket races for team Eagle?

ET BRACKET MEMBERSHIP AND LICENSE: Please note: All Competitors must have Competition License Form accompany this application. Includes *IHRA Insurance Program, Rule Book, Jacket Patch, Decal, Membership and License Card, 1 Year Subscription to Drag Review Magazine. $60.00 one year _______________
*INSURANCE VALID AT IHRA SANCTIONED TRACKS $105.00 two years ______________
IN NORTH AMERICA ONLY $155.00 three years _____________

O SUMMIT SUPER SERIES MEMBERSHIP, AND NUMBER: Please note: All Competitors must have Competition License Form accompany this application. Includes *IHRA Insurance Program, Rule Book, Jacket Patch, Decal, Membership and License, 1 Year Subscription to Drag Review Magazine.

SSS LICENSE ONLY – CANNOT RUN NITRO JAM OR TEAM FINALS EVENTS WITH THIS LICENSE

SSS PLUS ET LICENSE– CAN RUN NITRO JAM OR TEAM FINALS EVENTS WITH THIS LICENSE
$50.00 one year ______
$60.00 one year ______
$85.00 two years ______
$105.00 two years ______
$125.00 three years ______
$155.00 three years ______
*INSURANCE VALID AT IHRA SANCTIONED TRACKS IN NORTH AMERICA ONLY.
Car Number ________ Track Name ___________________(You must declare track to be issued a number)
Electronics_____________________ No Electronics __________________ (must declare)

O SUMMIT PRO AM / PRO COMPETITION MEMBERSHIP, LICENSE AND NUMBER: Please note: All Competitors must have Competition License Form accompany this application. Includes *IHRA Insurance Program, Rule Book, Jacket Patch, Decal, Membership and License Card, Number, 1 Year Subscription to Drag Review Magazine.
*INSURANCE VALID AT IHRA SANCTIONED TRACKS IN NORTH AMERICA ONLY
United States and Puerto Rico
Class ________________ Permanent Number Requested _____________ $70.00 one year _______________________________
O ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP: Does not include Rule Book or Drag Review. Household must have a full member at the same address with the same membership expiration date.
(Also select E.T. Bracket, Class Competition, or Crew/Fan above) subtract $10.00 per year _______________
Old 03-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #33
Dion Hildebrandt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Phil for the stocker just call the registration department and you can even get your NHRA competition number assigned for IHRA, as far as the brackets I would assume a membership would be a membership at that point. I have had an Ihra number for a few years now and the people at the reg office are super helpful........and they even call you back!!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #34
Darcy Clarke

Liked 420 Times in 29 Posts

This is the body of a email that I sent to the new Division 6 Director from IHRA and this is the reply that I received.

Darcy Clarke
AA/SA

Hi Frank,

I am a racer from the newly formed Division 6 and I have cars that run in both Stock and Super Stock classes, I and many other racers have been trying to get a straight answer on what the new to us Pro-AM series is offering. Are you running separate classes for Stock and Super Stock? Many of us have asked about setting records is there going to be an opportunity? Will the top 3 in points get a berth into the TOC like every other division? Will there be any Class eliminations held? What contingency is offered? What are the Pro-AM payouts?

We are all excited to have choice but would like the opportunity to have the same options for the same costs as every other IHRA member. I would appreciate some answers to these questions as they will dictate where my racing dollars are spent.

Darcy Clarke

"We are excited as well to extend our Summit Pro Am Tour out to our fellow competitors in Canada. There are no class eliminations at any pro am event nor has there ever been, Stock and Super stock class eliminations are run at select Nitro Jam events. "Each class will have a Division champion which includes that the top 3 in each of the 7 Summit Pro Am categories(Hot Rod, Stock, Quick Rod, Top Sportsman, Super Rod, Top Dragster and Super Stock, will quailfy for the TOC event at the World Finals, Each event has class contingency for each of the 7 Pro am classes. I have included a link for the contingency postings for each class and payout page that shows the payout for each class of the Summit Pro Am Tour. We will not be set up or able to do class record runs this year. This is the first year for the Division 6 Pro am tour and we will have limited resources on our part but other than record runs or tear downs you as a racer will not be limited in anyway as far as anything else goes in the Summit Pro Am tour events. Thank you for supporting IHRA and I look forward to working with you in the near future, please feel free to contact me if you or anyone should have any additional questions or concerns. Each of the 7 Summit Pro Am catergories will be run separately as their own class for 2011. Please feel free to spread the word and help get the racers to support these events in Division 6.

http://www.ihra.com/contingency/postings.php

http://ihra.com/competition/payout.php#PAT

thanks,

Frank Kohutek | Division Director 2&4 / Feld Motor Sports, Inc / IHRA Motorsports"
Darcy Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #35
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I may have missed it but I didn't see the answer as to whether this was a S/SS combo or not.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #36
Dave Jung

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

I think all 7 classes run separatly and top 3 qualify for TOC. "Each of the seven pro am catagories will run separatly for 2011". Looks like separate stock and super stock to me. I wish I could commit to this race, but motor still apart and the wife may prevent me from going.

Last edited by Dave Jung; 03-30-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Dave Jung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #37
Paul Plummer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Updated List 4-1-2011

1) Dion H. -H/SA
2) Paul Plummer - F/CM
3) Marshall Greenwell - K/SA
4) James Boyce
5) Darcy Clarke - AA/SA
6) Phillip Marvetz - A/SA
7) Kelly Marvetz - V/SA
8) Aubrey N Bruneau - D/S
9) Don Garlits - AA/SA
10) Shirley Muldowny - AA/SA
11)
12)

Any other takers..............................
Paul Plummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #38
Darcy Clarke

Liked 420 Times in 29 Posts

I guess I better start working on the car in case I end up in a heads up run with Don or Shirley. But seeing this is an IHRA event they would be in the FI class so I guess I dodged a bullet.

Darcy Clarke
AA/SA, SS/JA
Darcy Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #39
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip marvetz View Post
I may have missed it but I didn't see the answer as to whether this was a S/SS combo or not.
Each class will have a Division champion which includes that the top 3 in each of the 7 Summit Pro Am categories(Hot Rod, Stock, Quick Rod, Top Sportsman, Super Rod, Top Dragster and Super Stock, will quailfy for the TOC event at the World Finals, Each event has class contingency for each of the 7 Pro am classes.

Hope this helps Phillip....
Old 04-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #40
Paul Plummer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Updated List 4-3-2011 - without the April fooling around

1) Dion H. -H/SA
2) Paul Plummer - F/CM
3) Marshall Greenwell - K/SA
4) James Boyce
5) Darcy Clarke - AA/SA
6) Phillip Marvetz - A/SA
7) Kelly Marvetz - V/SA
8) Aubrey N Bruneau - D/S
9)
10)

My crazy Canadian drag racer friend from Calgary sent me this joke, thought it was funny & a great way to keep this thread on the front page & hopefully pick-up a few more participant's to add to the list!

This is supposedly a true story............but you never really know

A teacher was reading the story of the Three Little Pigs to her class.

She came to the part of the story where first pig was trying to gather the building materials for his home.

She read. 'And so the pig went up to the man with the wheelbarrow full of straw and said: 'Pardon me sir, but may I have some of that straw to build my house?'

The teacher paused then asked the class: 'And what do you think
the man said?'

One little boy raised his hand and said very matter-of-factly...

'I think the man would have said - 'Well, F--- Me!! A talking pig!'

The teacher had to leave the room.
Paul Plummer is offline   Reply With Quote