HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 02-15-2019, 09:04 PM   #21
BobbyH

Liked 59 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: This Week's Two-Cents Worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Klein View Post
Just dreaming while snowed & iced in: NMCA is mostly east coast-midwest I think, but using that group as a foundation, we get an "entity" like CAL COVER/LUCAS OIL to agree to give some gravitas to an expanded organization, funded by 1500Class Racers at $500 per year

Nitro Joe stats has 2600 S, SS list, some duplicates and some will never kick in, not counting IHRA, etc (NHRA only)

That's $750,000 in addition to CAL-LUCAS....what does DeFrank & Forest get, a fairly large decal on TOW VEHICLES.....seen by the world (sort of) instead of on blurred race cars going by....'ya need the sticker on your tow vehicle to gain entry to pits....large motor homes, tractors get larger stickers; stickers could have tag line: WE KNOW &LOVE OUR RACE CAR, cleaned & covered by CAL PRODUCTS and LUBED by LUCAS

What do we do with $750 large you ask? Hire Wesley, Rent good tracks, buy in a 4-6 car noise maker; unfortunately the nostalgia funny cars and rails are west coast based....I contend a "LA HOOKER" on nitro is just as, if not more popular than multiple corporate big name FC....tow money for 3 match race, and a year end point fund for attendance

'ya got the noise & smell for a two day event, and we partner with local car clubs as a mini Super Chevy or Swell Ford event....a crystal trophy (well plastic that looks like crystal)to replace the coveted Wally

Some sort of newsletter (Howell Printing) that we all look forward to by snail mail, or internet....commentary by in the know guys (Fletcher/Biondo) guys with the gift of gab, yadda yadda

Hell, I've got a lot of money tied up in a couple of race cars, whats $500/year to play with them

Make seats belts once every 5 years, no insurance surcharge to cover pros, assuming the track has insurance, maybe that covers a portion of the $500, maybe I'm way off

Besides the yearly $500, maybe a $100 entry fee, maybe gamblers race

I mentioned Wesley earlier, maybe just fly him or someone trusted at random, to spot check and keep us all on our toes

Or maybe not

Two more storms coming this weekend....as Schwartenegger said "I'll be back"
It's amazing how common sense surfaces so infrequently........BRAVO
BobbyH is offline   Reply With Quote