HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Can-Am Stock Super Stock Series

Old 08-16-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
SPS

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Races #5 and #6 results

We're just past the halfway point of our season now and things are heating up points wise.

Saturday had a great turnout of 39 cars prepared to race in the summer heat and humidity.

After 6 rounds of racing, Al Lozon's beautiful and newly acquired 2002 GT/DA Camaro prevailed over Glen Baker's great .009 light in the final as he broke out by .002 sec. Great close racing.

Sunday's weather conditions were no better than Saturday but 32 cars stayed to race.
Again, after 5 rounds of close racing, Rob Becker prevailed with a closer to the dial 10.04 on a 10.03 over Bob Parks slightly better light.

Rob Also won the embroidered leather jacket from Dan Velenosi and the Queenston Group with the most 2 day members points.

Can-Am Stock/Super Stock racers showed how its done in the race for the $7000 Matco toolbox as Al Lozon ran a great 10.091 on a 10.09 dial. Congratulations , Al !

Thanks to Mike Kohn for the, as usual, excellent track prep that continued to hook through the brutal summer heat.

Especially, I want to thank Joe Da Silva and his staff for his support of our series. He's already invited us back next year.

Preparation is already underway for our biggest race, the Labour Day Nationals.
We hope to make this our best and largest attended Stock/Super Stock race ever.
Any help, ideas and support will be welcomed to make our race better.
Tell your friends, and come out and race with us.

FJ
SPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 331 Times in 131 Posts
Talking Re: Races #5 and #6 results

Yes, a big welcome back to Al Lozon, a great guy, tough competitor and always in a car that can win "best engineered" or "best appearing" at any event - take your pick.

OK, enough BS - I've known you for 30 years....after what I just said, how about cutting me a little slack next time??
Dave Turner #3110
D & E/SA ‘72 Mustang
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote