HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 10-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Championship Countdown - VanBaalen team - 2012 TNTSS Fourth!

Peter VanBaalen has been around drag strips in southern Ontario for over 20 years. When his son Chris was old enough to drive, he was quickly behind the wheel at the track.

Now years later, Chris is piloting what was his father's Monte Carlo in TNTSS competition.

Entering 2012, the father and son team had one goal in mind and that was to get a win in the toughest sportsman drag racing series on the planet, the Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series.

Turns out, they did more than that. They got the event win at Dunn Tire Raceway Park and a runner up at Cayuga Dragway, both in June. They also accumulated 701 points over 13 races earning them a third place finish in TNTSS championship points chase.

With Chris doing most of the driving duties, he was quick to thank his family. "I want to thank my parents for all their support," said Chris. "Especially my dad (Peter) for giving me a killer consistent car to drive, even though I've been known to make the wrong call at the stripe sometimes."

The team always seems to be near the top of the qualifying sheet and those bonus points made a difference for them in the final standings.

"I also want to thank Matt and Sherry Devries for all their help. Matt helps out with my oil and tire program. They have a one stop automotive service shop from mild to wild located in Bismark, Ontario," added Chris.

"It was great to win a TNT race and to win it at Lancaster topped it off. I want to make a special mention to Russ and Arlene Parker. They will be missed next year."

Chris was sure to mention all the TNTSS sponsors - Joe's Transmission especially - for making the killer payouts and prizes they run for every race. "I don't understand why people within 200 miles don't run this series. It the hardest racing out there!" he added.

The 1986 Monte Carlo has a 502 GM crate motor for power, runs on pump gas and is capable of eighth mile ET's in the 6.30 range at 108 mph.

Meet Chris, Pete and family at the upcoming sixth annual TNTSS Awards Night at Johnny Rocco's Italian Restaurant in Niagara Falls, Ontario on Saturday November 10th at 7pm. Seating is limited and last year's event was jammed so get there early!

For everything you need to know about the most popular sportsman drag racing series in the country, visit www.tntsuperseries.com .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VanBaalen - STT - 20120804 -3 - 500px.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	14255