Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-14-2020, 10:49 AM   #11
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,010 Times in 1,224 Posts
Default Re: Class Racer Nationals Back For 2021

Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words...

We will have some new things coming, not sure about running class, but you never know... we are open to all ideas and suggestions.

Stayed tuned for updates and sponsors.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:30 PM   #12
Mopar Mike

Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words...

We will have some new things coming, not sure about running class, but you never know... we are open to all ideas and suggestions.

Stayed tuned for updates and sponsors.
Ken, Will the Crate Motor car still be able to be in your race? Had a great time! Have a Great and safe Holidays.
Mopar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:06 AM   #13
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,452 Times in 1,956 Posts

Having Class at the Class Racer National would be the best place to run a non AHFS Class race. Remember all runs at 2021 Indy will be used for AHFS including the 1.20 under automatic adjustments. I bet all the race tire companies are upping production on front tires as I type, in preparation for class at Indy. If class is run I’m positive most of the “hitters” will attend. Everybody wants to know, from AA to W, who is the best in class!

Just a thought
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 09:43 AM   #14
Henrys Toy

Liked 462 Times in 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Having Class at the Class Racer National would be the best place to run a non AHFS Class race. Remember all runs at 2021 Indy will be used for AHFS including the 1.20 under automatic adjustments. I bet all the race tire companies are upping production on front tires as I type, in preparation for class at Indy. If class is run I’m positive most of the “hitters” will attend. Everybody wants to know, from AA to W, who is the best in class!

Just a thought
Good morning to all , I had a couple of thoughts - maybe a Test & Tune on Friday and Class run offs. That time of the year the days are long enough and without the "Super Class's" I believe there would be enough time to accommodate. I don't know if Numidia is allowed to run on Fridays. But that would give everybody an opportunity to get some time shots under there belt and "Hang It Out" to see who's got the Baddest Hot Rods on the property. Then we'd all have Saturday and Sunday to race our hearts out. Just my Two cents worth.
Henrys Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 11:50 AM   #15
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,010 Times in 1,224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Mike View Post
Ken, Will the Crate Motor car still be able to be in your race? Had a great time! Have a Great and safe Holidays.

Only IHRA Crate Motor and Super Stock Production will be premitted. There will be no other IHRA classes permitted. If you have an NHRA car you have to run it as NHRA.

As far as class goes, I will see what we can do. Friday is a great idea, but it will take a lot more man power to get it done in a timely manner. Also we are only scaling cars, there will be no fuel check. There will be tech, but the reality is we have to depend on racers to be honest about there combo's. It will only take one person that pushes the rules and ruins it for everyone. Test and tune entries always goes to the track, and rightfully so. Are racers willing to pay for a class day besides the normal entry. All these things have to be consider. We have plenty of time to come up with solutions and ideas, but it something to work towards.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:43 PM   #16
Henrys Toy

Liked 462 Times in 158 Posts

Quote:
Only IHRA Crate Motor and Super Stock Production will be premitted. There will be no other IHRA classes permitted. If you have an NHRA car you have to run it as NHRA.

As far as class goes, I will see what we can do. Friday is a great idea, but it will take a lot more man power to get it done in a timely manner. Also we are only scaling cars, there will be no fuel check. There will be tech, but the reality is we have to depend on racers to be honest about there combo's. It will only take one person that pushes the rules and ruins it for everyone. Test and tune entries always goes to the track, and rightfully so. Are racers willing to pay for a class day besides the normal entry. All these things have to be consider. We have plenty of time to come up with solutions and ideas, but it something to work towards.
Hi Ken, I understand the magnitude that it takes to accomplish what you all achieved that first race. You made it look easy! Class would be Great.
Even a Test and Tune would be terrific, speaking just for myself here - to go to a good track and get some much needed seat and test time could be very helpful. These days I know I don't get anywhere near the time I need to race or even test. My test results also go into our customers engines. after all , knowing what NOT to do is as important as know what to do!
If it costs a little extra for a Class race and/or Test & Tune - you can count me in! Again I'm just speaking for myself, If you can just do a Second Race, like the First , that would be terrific as well. Have a good day.
Henrys Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 04:13 PM   #17
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:

So no Pure Stockers?
Why?
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:23 PM   #18
Jim Whitehead

Liked 145 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Valentine View Post
Great Christmas present for Class Racers,Thanks Ken.
Lee. That is the same weekend as the last ASRA race, and Shoot-out
Jim Whitehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 06:02 AM   #19
Lee Valentine

Liked 322 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Whitehead View Post
Lee. That is the same weekend as the last ASRA race, and Shoot-out
Sometimes you have to make choices,Class Racer wins,one of the best races we ever attended.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:47 AM   #20
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,452 Times in 1,956 Posts

As far as checking the cars for class, let the racers in that class check each other’s weight sticker. I know weight sticker on a 69 396/375-405 aluminum head Camaro running A/SA is 3410. Most all class racers know the competition information almost as well as there own. If you think something is wrong let the racer know, it was probably just an oversight or a miscalculation. If there is a problem with something then go to the official. If someone is going to cheat on fuel then so be it.

Last edited by Larry Hill; 12-17-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote