Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-23-2018, 05:51 PM   #51
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts
Default Re: Horsepower on tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
Why don't we start off by assuming that everyone will pass? Wouldn't it be better to tear down the guy that is getting paid over some guy that is already pissed because he is out?

I am fine with random after the last qualifying run.

Heck I am fine with tearing one down after the first round bye..........

(I also think they could have torn Allen down to the bare block and he would have passed!!)
I have lost count how many times Allen and his customer's engines have been torn down at different venues and they have all passed.

At the 2015 Indy race, Allen didn't only have to go what I would call a colonoscopy with his Corvette, but also had to teardown a few of his customers engines...and all of them passed.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:32 PM   #52
Allen Sherman

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

FWIW I’m 110% in agreement with tear downs after a 1.20 or more under run as well as after a win or runner up. That’s what makes stock and super stock racing different than just a bracket race. I take great pride in being able to go fast and be within the rules, so I’m all for making sure all the things we do are done legitimately.
Allen Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:48 PM   #53
Everett Vassar

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

So not being a wise *** here, just asking a question. So what if we get beat semi final round. The person that's beats us gets torn down after the final and is not legal...are we back in?
Everett Vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:29 PM   #54
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

Mark last time I checked we pay a membership fee for the year and an entry fee at each race for a service. It’s not the racers fault NHRA under staffs these events so the people at the top can have bigger salaries. Please tell me where I slammed the div 1 tech guys

Everett if you get beat in the semis for class by someone that wins and is later tossed do they re run the class final? No, so the eliminator would follow the same outline.

Last edited by Charley Downing; 04-23-2018 at 08:13 PM.
Charley Downing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:03 PM   #55
Randy Parker

Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts

Johnny Fisher’s old car, crazy fast with a Bruce Parsons bullet. John West Racing Engines, Car owner. And engine builder, assisted by his son David West!
Randy Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:48 PM   #56
Chuck Beach

Liked 59 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Sherman View Post
I wasn’t “trying” to get HP on the combination. I had it weighted down, timing out and other measures trying to run about 1.05-1.10 under, yes I did intend to be number one qualifier because it’s good for business. This was the 9th run ever on the car and it’s been giving us fits. It left extremely lazy and I figured no way it was going fast enough to worry. Unfortunately or fortunately, it seems maybe we fixed the problem we were having in the car and it went faster than I thought. The combination has TONS of untapped potential left so from my standpoint I’m not upset about it because I know we have more left in it, I didn’t intend to ruin it for others or anything like that, but sometimes it happens. Considering it’s been hit with 33hp before I ever touched it I’m definitely not the first one to hit it...lol
I guess if the 'tune up' was this lame then maybe this combo can stand an additional 25 HP on top of the HP added by the 1.20 under.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:04 PM   #57
Allen Sherman

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Beach View Post
I guess if the 'tune up' was this lame then maybe this combo can stand an additional 25 HP on top of the HP added by the 1.20 under.
It’s definitely got a lot of potential from my standpoint. This combination has been run by others since 2014 so it’s not like I just grabbed some new untouched combination. It’s been factored 33hp before I ever touched it. It’s definitly a different animal than some others. I’ve personally been battling the car more than anything and hopefully get it all lined out soon.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:22 AM   #58
PLankford

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Sherman View Post
FWIW I’m 110% in agreement with tear downs after a 1.20 or more under run as well as after a win or runner up. That’s what makes stock and super stock racing different than just a bracket race. I take great pride in being able to go fast and be within the rules, so I’m all for making sure all the things we do are done legitimately.
Well, it looks like you are off the hook... Apparently the horsepower increase came from “Virginia”
PLankford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:30 AM   #59
Allen Sherman

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLankford View Post
Well, it looks like you are off the hook... Apparently the horsepower increase came from “Virginia”
Phil they also added 116hp instead of 16...lol
Old 04-24-2018, 09:31 AM   #60
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 581 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett Vassar View Post
So not being a wise *** here, just asking a question. So what if we get beat semi final round. The person that's beats us gets torn down after the final and is not legal...are we back in?
In ancient history (70's and 80's) when you won a pts race, the runnerup was asked if they wanted to see the winner torn down. If he did, they took both apart. If you lost in the semis, you did not get anything, even if both were illegal. I won and got torn down, was legal. Everyone knew it could happen.