HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-26-2007, 09:13 PM   #1
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,433 Times in 1,952 Posts
Default Live from Indy!!!

We are here!! Arrived about 5:00 this afternoon and we are #115 in line. We are in the staging lanes. Supposed to start parking at 12 noon tomorrow. Talk about a difference in weather. Opened up the door to the motorhome when we arrived and it was pleasant. No air conditioning running. Debbie Bridges said she was going to go get her coat on. It is really going to be nice to be able to sleep with the windows open instead of the air running all night like it did for 3 days continuously in Bowling Green. After we left, we heard Jeremy Duncan wrecked Irvin Johns new stocker at Bowling Green, but he's ok. Have seen lots of people here already. Mike & Paula Cotten are a couple of trailers back after their trip from Topeka with a stop on the way at the vet's for Macy. She is better now tho. Others seen: Ben Wenzel, Bert Morgan, Larry Hodge, Ken Shawver, the Nowikis, Keith Lynch, Jim Marshall, Louis Conkey, Jennifer McCormack, the Buckner's (Happy Birthday David and Gwen), the Lux's, Gary Russell, Fred Connell, Jimmy Bridges, Painter Stevenson, Al Corda, and AL PROVOAST. It was really good to see him.
Rumor has it that George Widuch sold his car today at Bowling Green and the car will be here with that new driver. Let you know when I find out for sure.
Everyone is having a great time here tonight. A pizza place brought around samples, then sold a whole lot of pizzas since they deliver.
The weather is absolutely wonderful and supposed to be all week. They really have everything organized coming in.
Well more tomorrow.
Time for another wine slushee.
Patsy
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:28 PM   #2
Tim H
VIP Member

Liked 430 Times in 142 Posts
Wink Re: Live from Indy!!!

Thanks for the updates they are great. There is no where in the world I would rather be than Indy during Labour day weekend. Regretably I'll be heading off to work tomorrow morning @ 7.30 am for the next 6 days in a row. My son and I made the trip to "Raining" Penns for the Toyo tires event so we are grounded for a while... LOL. Best of luck to all the wonderful stock and superstock racers heading to the BIG GO, have a safe race.
Tim H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
Jason Fuller

Default Re: Live from Indy!!!

Come on Larry! Take Class this year, Then win the whole dam thing! I would really have have fun following that.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:48 AM   #4
lasa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Excellent reporting,love the updates,have a safe week. Thanks Larry.
lasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:07 AM   #5
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Beautiful morning in Indianapolis, IN. About 60 degrees now, supposed to be 87 later today. They are parking pro motorcylcle over in the grass where all the sportsmen's dogs were going to the bathroom since we have been here! Didn't see anyone using pooper scoopers either! Well the rumor is true. Larry talked to George last night and after he got beat 5th round, he pulled his #1 qualifier into Rusty Fox's trailer. I think Rusty is going to be running it here. George and Jerry Bennett are building a 62, 383 car for next year. It will be running in our class, so we better get the Cuda finished this winter. There's a real sense of excitement in the air here, as always. They should start pulling us in in a couple of hours. Haven't been out looking around yet today. I will post more later.
Another note--Steve Wann hurt his engine at Topeka. Looks like the E/SA cars are dropping like flies!
Patsy
Old 08-27-2007, 01:02 PM   #6
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

It is 1:00 and the outside lane has started to move. Someone went to the back field and said there is a steady line of rigs coming in. The Buckners are 2 rigs in front of us and this is their first Indy. Someone told them they could have their choice of parking spots. I guess they were just trying to have fun with the "Newbies".
More later.
Patsy
Old 08-27-2007, 04:34 PM   #7
Tim Kish

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

What is the deal on Crew passes - Get them at the gate? Trying to figure out the arrangements for the wife coming down later in the week.

Man is it hard to focus on work when the rig is loaded ready to go in the parking lot - not to mention being my first time racing at Indy.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #8
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 841 Times in 156 Posts

Patsy, You said in an early post that Jim Marshall was there. Didnt see him entered. Is someone else driving his car?See you Wend.
Lyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:43 PM   #9
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Just talked to Jim Marshall. Boy was he mad. Told his wife he was going out of town on business. Then she finds out on the internet that he's here. LOL I don't know if it is for public knowledge, but I guess now everyone knows that Keith Lynch is driving his car. He had surgery on his elbows and can't drive. We finally got parked about 3:30. Lots of people still down in the field where they are bringing them in across the top of the track. They said they were going to stop parking at 5:00, but it is 5:30 and they are still parking at the moment. We have a pretty good spot inside the 1st fence on the next to outside row. So come on by for a drink when you get here. Nice people across from us that we met for the 1st time today--Randy and Dawn Mans. There are lots of s/ss cars in this little area.
For the question about the crew passes: usually after you get the car teched--you go get your credentials and buy your crew pass then. If she needs to get the restricted pass, she can go up anytime with her drivers license and sign the sheet to get the restricted sticker. Saw John Shaul across the track a while ago. Saw Hawk's trailer, but haven't seen him yet. Brian Livengood got off to a great start this morning. Left his motorhome and trailer here yesterday, then drove his Suburban in this morning and it got towed. Saw him in it a while ago, so I guess he found where they towed it to. Dick Lux hasn't had a very good time so far. Went to Bowling Green 1st and the lift wouldn't work on his trailer, so he didn't get to race. I think they got it working this afternoon tho.
See ya Wed, Lyn. Is Bonnie coming with you?
Patsy
Old 08-27-2007, 07:22 PM   #10
Woodro Josey

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Patsy, you guys keep an Eye on Mr Big Stuff, he is up there without Parental Supervision!!! lol