HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-01-2016, 07:21 PM   #1
barnca2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Not so simple solution

Someone with a lot of money needs to buy IHRA. Change the name to SHRA. Sportsman Hot Rod Association.. Good payout and you guys don't have to worry about getting bent over by NHRA. But till you walk away from them.. You will continue to get screwed.

https://www.facebook.com/WHEELZUPRADIO
barnca2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:37 PM   #2
Pinballer

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Not so simple solution

Or...-Don't- buy IHRA and form your own Sportsman association. Have 10 sensibly divided divisions across America and Canada so the western guys out in the wide open spaces won't have to haul 1000 miles to get some points. I'm sure if you'd tell a track owner you wanted to bring 150+ wheelstanding cars in for a weekend, they'd probably be interested in providing a facility.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:26 AM   #3
MadMax404

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't ever pass up a good shameless self promotion plug when it presents itself but there's already an SHRA(southwest heritage racing association) that I helped build and run. It's a nostalgia series here in division 4. We do have a Nostalgia super stock class too btw!

I couldn't help it, the shameless plug opportunity was just too good to pass up!
Old 10-02-2016, 08:47 AM   #4
j gardiner

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Unless your giving out Wallys or bringing in John Force so they can race on the same track they're not coming.
j gardiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:32 AM   #5
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts
Smile Re: Not so simple solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by j gardiner View Post
Unless your giving out Wallys or bringing in John Force so they can race on the same track they're not coming.
I agree. The lack of support for the Northern Class Nationals in 2014 and 2015 is a perfect example.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #6
barnca2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How about a race at LVD. All NHRA and IHRA classes are welcome. Would try to get a date that doesn't conflict with national events or divisional events in in the northeast and east coast.. It's time to put up or shut up.. When the D1 schedule comes out we will try to get a date at LVD. And if it doesn't get any racer support.. Then you are the ones to blame.

https://www.facebook.com/WHEELZUPRADIO
barnca2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:05 PM   #7
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
I agree. The lack of support for the Northern Class Nationals in 2014 and 2015 is a perfect example.
Have to agree with Bill,

Before the Northern Class Nationals you had the Combo in the Hills run by Lee Zane & Brian Van Poppel and the .90 Nationals run by myself. Both were run on off weekends from the local D1 Divisional & National events and the Combo in the Hills was a success on the first year in 2011 for Brian & Lee with car counts (Around 90+) but, the rest of the events we all took a bath by the time everything came out. We had great sponsors who supported the event in contingency (Maybe not $$$ but, in product GC returns) that we gave back to racers with "best losing packages, perfect tree, etc" and still didn't show up. Finding a track that ALL will actually show up is a battle and finding a track that the cost will not be so much. I can tell you from my research besides Numidia your looking at $14,000 to $20,000 a weekend for track rental. You look at LVD with a D1 Race and it always falls pretty short with .90 cars because a lot are based down here and don't like driving to LVD.

I'm not saying it's not a bad idea but, I've been there, done that and my rear end still hurts 3 years later

Last edited by BKSG1198; 10-02-2016 at 03:07 PM.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:34 PM   #8
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,610 Times in 377 Posts

Go to a East Coast Stock Super race. Best deal in class racing. Full payback Dave and Gloria are the best.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:46 PM   #9
Dennis P Chapman
VIP Member

Liked 52 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
Go to a East Coast Stock Super race. Best deal in class racing. Full payback Dave and Gloria are the best.
x2
Old 10-03-2016, 07:53 AM   #10
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

Just Like James & Dennis said Dave, Gloria, Bill, and some guy named Russ do a great job with the ECSSSA. Dave has taught me and gave me lots of pointers with the Mid Atlantic .90 Association and I believe his help has turned the Association into what it is today.

Even Dave has felt the sting of trying to run a big $$$ event the day before a D1 race and got burnt on it at Atco many years back. It's just tough to get people away from the prestige and wally chasing not matter what you put together. You could put together a $25,000 to win Stock / SS race and someone will tell you "Well, there's a National Open in Cayuga for $2,000 & a Wally" so I'm going there. I know it sounds insane but, I had people drive pass Numidia (I mean travel past the exit to the track...Yes, it's a tough tow) to go to Charlotte in 2013 because it was a National Event.

Plus weekends you have off to put on an event you run into Association Events such as ECSSSA, All-Stars, NESSA, Mid Atlantic.90 Association, TNT Super Series and you end up hurting the series that actually support the racers and make them feel welcomed.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote