HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #31
Andrew Hill

Liked 170 Times in 38 Posts
Red face Re: John Clegg... Please Do The Right Thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wahl View Post
Oh the ones that you are looking at at 1PM in the afternoon with the sun blazing though clear skies? Yeah visibility would be exactly the same as 11:30 at night through a fog. Guess ya got me!

So who was even talking about scoreboards? You *are* familiar with the dial in boxes that are just in front of the burn out area..... aren't you? They are used at all National Events and most Divisionals? No? Well then that explains it. Jim

Hey I wasn't being sarcastic at all, I just missed them, I guess I never really had to check them.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #32
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up Re: John Clegg... Please Do The Right Thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hill View Post
Hey I wasn't being sarcastic at all, I just missed them, I guess I never really had to check them.
OK Andrew, I thought you were getting sh*ty with me and I have had enough of that today. Sorry. Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #33
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Thumbs up Re: John Clegg... Please Do The Right Thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Lang View Post
I'm pretty sure they also rerun them in comp when the index is wrong. I remember seeing a rerun in comp because they didn't have the correct CIC adjustment entered.

-Toby
Yes sir, you are correct! I have seen that also. The tower is responsible for the correct index input, especially if there has been a CIC involved! Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Old 03-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #34
keith ohanesian

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: John Clegg... Please Do The Right Thing!

Quote:
Oh boy! I didn't "call out" anybody. Nope, it wasn't John's fault, but he held sway as to correcting the screw up. He was part of the deal. Did you read the part where I said I respected him for the way he handled the decision? No? You better reread (or read for the first time) what I wrote before making stupid statements, or don't you have the concentration level to read all the previous posts? As Joe stated, it's a done deal, everyone is ok with it .......... but you. You're just a little late to the party and don't have a clue. Jim

To answer your question: "Who am I?" I am NHRA's worst nightmare when they don't do their job correctly!
Jim maybe you should look at the title of your post. Apparently you don't understand what you yourself have written. You have this post telling someone to do the right thing. Your drunk. How do you do that? Your being a drama queen. If that's your thing then more power to you.

As for being NHRA's worth nightmare.. Please. I really would like to see you bent over in that position you have to get to in order to blow the smoke up your own ***.

Where is Perrone?
Old 03-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #35
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Keith...tell him, I studder.....LOL

Art got a rerun......Send NHRA a big THANKYOU and also one to Mr Clegg for agreeing to that rerun....

Yea I agree NHRA or the tower personnel screwed up and I'd be PO'ed too but if someone told me .....YOU staged and accepted the numbers up on the boards.....I'd put my tale between my legs and accept it....

OH.....and I raced today (at Englishtown) and by a big coincidence.....I lost to a racer who I once had to RERUN due to a timing malfunction.......That was a good 10 years ago at my local track, Island Dragway duing a bracket race. I was NOT allowed to change my dial-in for that rerun......and he said that was the rule and the track lane workers agreed......I won that rerun anyway.....He won today's round.....by .008........

Carry On.....
Old 03-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #36
bigshow2966

Liked 81 Times in 35 Posts
Talking Re: John Clegg... Please Do The Right Thing!

Quote:
Yes sir, you are correct! I have seen that also. The tower is responsible for the correct index input, especially if there has been a CIC involved! Jim

The tower is responsible for entering the dial, but the driver is responsible for checking it before staging.

Ever worked the tower at a race? Things happen very quickly and mistakes get made, especially if they are running late or trying to rush a lot of cars through. The car you're looking out the tower window at could actually be 3 pairs down the line.

Art is lucky he got a rerun. Glad to see he made the most of it.

Also glad to see Mr. Clegg didn't get screwed.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #37
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshow2966 View Post
The tower is responsible for entering the dial, but the driver is responsible for checking it before staging.

There was no dial-in. The tower never entered a dial-in. The driver never put a dial-in on their window. There was an index. Once the tower enters your number, the computer should put the correct index on the board. The correct index was not on the board. The driver is responsible for checking their dial-in, but once again, there was no dial-in.

See the difference?

-Toby
Toby Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #38
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well this is the first time I'm on here since Friday night.
This is what happened. From someone who was there.
There were no dial boxes up when we ran.
There was haze maybe you could see the boards but some could not. Especially through a windshield that was trying to fog up.
They had the index right the 3 prior runs, Why would they change it?
When I went to the tower after the run, I was told that it was over and done. But they reran another pair of cars for the same thing earlier.

When I ran I got passed at the eight mile mark. So I thought I had a problem with the car (something that was happening for the last week and a half). So I ran it through, so I could look at the datalogger and try to see what was going on. With my car many times you can't tell a good run from a slow one till you get to the finish line. I was livid that the run would count for the AFHS. It was .008 for an instant hit of .015 off my index..
The next day I went to the tower to have the run scored on my 11.40 index not my 13.85.
They went though the rules and found the tower is responsible for the index. Not the drivers. So they deemed the run would have to be reran.
I stayed up the whole night Friday night. Trying to figure out what could have caused this.
The time slip had my index of 13.85 on it with a 11.40 dial in. I looked for a superstock index of 11.40 there were none. I thought about a typo and could not get an 11.40 out of a 13.85. To say I was beside myself was an understatement. I really thought someone had it in for me. Even when I went to the tower in the morning. There were dial boxes up and they told me they were up the night before. I knew different.
Thanks to Nitro Joe, he figured out what had happened. There were 2 C/SA cars go down the track just before we ran. And the clocks in my lane didn't reset. So there was nothing intentional. Just a computer malfuntion.
Things sometimes happen for a reason. I had had a bad leak in my passenger side tire. If we would have reran the run on Friday night I would have just aired it up and ran.
Well on Saturday after they told me we were going to rerun. I tried putting "green slime" in the tire. In the daylight I saw The problem the cords were showing all around the tire. My 2 spares were delaminating, so they couldn't be run.
I thought about going for one more pass. But the thought of my car getting out of shape on the big end with a 170 mph car coming at me. Won the arguement hands down.
John Clegg was a perfect gentleman. He had a lot going on but came up to rerun. He got the win he deserved.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #39
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshow2966 View Post

Ever worked the tower at a race? Things happen very quickly and mistakes get made, especially if they are running late or trying to rush a lot of cars through. The car you're looking out the tower window at could actually be 3 pairs down the line.

Art is lucky he got a rerun. Glad to see he made the most of it.

Also glad to see Mr. Clegg didn't get screwed.
The driver is not responsible for the index, only for a dial in.
You can look at a cars windows and see their dial in. Do you know all the indexes in the eliminator you run?
Old 03-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #40
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Wink Re: John Clegg... Please Do The Right Thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith ohanesian View Post
Jim maybe you should look at the title of your post. Apparently you don't understand what you yourself have written. You have this post telling someone to do the right thing. Your drunk. How do you do that? Your being a drama queen. If that's your thing then more power to you.

As for being NHRA's worth nightmare.. Please. I really would like to see you bent over in that position you have to get to in order to blow the smoke up your own ***.

Where is Perrone?
Where is Perrone? Why he's right there behind you! Can't you feel him? And look! There's Ed O'Brien waiting next in line! Jim

SSSSA Forum Moderator

Last edited by Jim Wahl; 03-18-2012 at 11:28 PM.