HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 11-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #581
Winklovic

Liked 29 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from our Southwestern Swing

I thoroughly enjoyed your adventures, Larry and Patsy. I've been to Arizona 11 times since 2005, but always fly down. Next time, I think I'll drive.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #582
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 194 Times in 77 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Smile Re: "Live" from our Southwestern Swing

Larry and Patsy, I'm definitely thankful for your candid/honest remarks about the divisional, because I was going to try and go there (if I'd have gone more than 3rnds at the Super Chevy Show, that F.I.R. had the weekend prior), but I think it was a God-send that I didn't now that I know this! What's sad for me is that track now houses Phoenix racers second closest NHRA divisional (thanks to this years loss of Tucson to the IHRA). However, I'm not too sad about Tucson going IHRA, because now those guys are getting closer to us in the southwest, thus we're starting to get an option for our drag race loving dollars! Moreover, now that one of their local racers is an IHRA World Champion (and came back from Va. with $20,000 dollars in cash and prizes...of which a new 28ft enclosed trailer, and a four passenger seating golf cart were included), I don't think the Tucson croud is thinking much about NHRA anymore!!! Losing Fontana (due to noise pollution...REALLY? WITH THOSE LOUD TRAINS BEING OVER THE TRACK, AND WE'RE NOISY???), didn't help either. Actually it makes me kind of wish I lived closer to your area, where's there a plethora of tracks (of both sanctioning bodies), near to you to enjoy. However, I love this climate and will tolerate the summer days in the 100's so I can enjoy fall/winter highs in the 60's and 70's! I was definitely glad to meet you two, and hope to do it again someday, but my membership in NHRA is near to expiring, and unless the meetings produce some savings to us sportsman racers, I may focus my racing efforts/dollars IHRA's way next year, because I can't easily afford the enhanced NHRA! I'll miss great people like you two, but I won't miss the 3 hundred dollar national even entry fees, $165 dollar divisionals (and national opens too???), plus what you experienced at the divisional there.

Thanks for sharing your travels with us, and some of you two's time with me!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, LARRY AND PATSY!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 11-16-2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to give props to Matt Hawks accomplishments in Va. thanks to the IHRA!
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote