HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-07-2008, 07:04 AM   #11
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Looking for opinions on payouts!

Lynn....just use an in line air stop and use it to stage with your foot to the floor and the engine stays at a low rpm untill a preset time before the trans brake releases. Thats the setup I use and have had on both my dragsters. It takes 5 minutes to change it over from .90 racing to bracket racing. Many delay boxes have the feature built in....I have a K&R now and Biondo in my old car. You are used to a sequence at the starting line for Pro Tree racing but that changes when you go bracket racing and will cause you to mess up.....been there and done that numerous times....the air deal helps make it easier and it does work very well. I've tried every setup and found that to work the best, for me anyway......
Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #12
T Hall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Hoosigian View Post
I said the same thing when I got my check, Pete. Would think for 4th rd. min. of entry fee back. Not sure if it's every Div. or just ours. Send emails is all I can think of. Rock, is this in the realm of the committee?

We're going to do some bracket racing ourselves next year Tony. (How are you guys by the way?). How hard was it going back to the full tree? Last time I did it I messed up with throttle. Left with my foot 1/2 way down on pedal - Dumb A** that I was!!!!
Lynn, we are doing great. Congrats to Tom by the way. We have been doing some college visits with my daughter, so you know where this is going?
Bracket racing.... its worse than that. I have been running my nova and I switched from racing that particular car, total foot brake to bottom bulb with a trans brake and no delay box. This is after running many years in S/ST. Needless to say, this past weekend, 2 time trials -.011 and -.032 red, and -.030 red first round. I am now a total rookie. I am going to get one of those long buttons like the super stock guys use. I AM LOST!
Old 10-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #13
Jason Kenny

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anybody who is disappointed with this weekends payout should NEVER go to a Division 7 race.
Jason Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #14
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 182 Times in 79 Posts

I would have to say that one of my pet peevs over the years has been the ridiculous Sportsmen payouts, excluding the Alcohol classes........... they keep raising the gate and never adjusting the other end......... I only had one crew person this weekend, and it cost $225 just to get in........ I lost 4th round and got $150 back, not even the car and driver entry......... but it did cover my bill at Library 2......... LOL

I think I can say that most of us know coming in that this is not a money making deal....BUT, it just seems ridiculous that you have to go 5 or 6 rounds just to break even on the gate........ not to mention how much we lay out just to get back and forth to the events.........

This should be addressed by our SRAC during the off season......... SERIOUSLY!!!

Oh, and yes, I wish I had that extra hot dog before my 4th round 9.897 loss to Ray Sawyer....... might have made all the difference in my brake foot........ LOL
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #15
Lynn Hoosigian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Charlie Yannetti;86127
Oh, and yes, I wish I had that extra hot dog before my 4th round 9.897 loss to Ray Sawyer....... might have made all the difference in my brake foot........ LOL[/QUOTE]

It probably would have added enough extra weight to make up that .003!!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #16
John DiBartolomeo

Liked 1,283 Times in 159 Posts

The Divisional payout are all set by the track operators with a little consultation from NHRA (not financial). Two years ago, I brought the payouts up to one of the track ops who happened to be going to track ops meeting. Lo and behold, the payouts were increased in D1 to what they are now. They're still not great, but at least they addressed them. The thing I don't like is the entry fees increasing with no increase in purse. However, I have always advocated looking at the purse before you go. If you don;t like it, don't go. The SRAC has brought up the payouts but it's strictly up to the divisional tracks and other than mentioning it to the Division Directors, there's little we can do. There's always bracket racing which is where I was at rather than Atco. I had some business commitments to attend to also, but Numidia had two $5,000 races. I didn't exactly care for the payout there either, as they tend to put all the money on top and little to the round losers, but... Financially for me it was a better move, as I won Saturday's race and got down to five cars on Sunday. Most all I talked with the round money should be better even if it meant taking some off the top. You just have to keep pushing for better payouts but you have to watch because it can backfire and cause an increase in entry fee, which for me isn't something I like to hear.
John DiBartolomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #17
vinny laudicina

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that's the thing, they raised the entry fee's and kept the same purse. i wish div 2 would at least pay us like div.1.
vinny laudicina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #18
Lynn Hoosigian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Looking for opinions on payouts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny laudicina View Post
that's the thing, they raised the entry fee's and kept the same purse. i wish div 2 would at least pay us like div.1.
How ya'll doing Vinny?
Our entry for that "increased" payout is $170 - $175 depending on track!! Not sure what crew has to pay.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #19
Northrop

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got my check from my semi loss at Columbus Sportsnationals. $300 big ones. Thats Awesome, I was thrilled......not

But then again, was a steller 036 on the bulb, so I guess thats all I deserved ehh ? Yep thats what you get for a performance like that.

You lose = no cake
Win = big cake

D
Northrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #20
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

I would assume that getting down to 3 cars in Charlotte will get you about the same. But, I'm sure you were happy just being able to compete...