HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #41
Ian Hill

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from the Combo in the Hills 2 @ Numidia Dragway!

We had a great time. the CIC race caught our attention. My stocker is only a 1. under car but the chance at running a comp style race sounded like fun, plus the fact that we could enter three races in the same weekend always works well into the fun factor (the CIC, the open bracket race and the combo). I couldn't seem to figure the light out in the day time, but the night time... we were bang on. We had a blast, met some great racers and their friends/ familly and have deffinatley added "traveling to races" to our list of things to do!

obviously we aren't making a ton of horse power, but i was very inpressed with the track prep. we had about 20 minutes of semi-light rain. enough that i dried the car off twice. My local track would have been drying the track off for an hour. At Numidia, we were racing about 30 minutes later. if i was first up i don't think i could have made my run, i couldn't believe it we were racing without track prep....awesome! great facilty over all.

And lastly, would like to the Lee and family for putting the effort into making the race happen. it no doubt takes much dedication to put something like this together - well done.

Ian Hill
3362 f/cm 68 Camaro
Ian Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:51 AM   #42
Ryan Horensky

Liked 109 Times in 18 Posts

Thanks Brian and Lee for putting the event back on for a 3rd year. Hopefully, someone steps up and continues the event into the future. It looked like everyone had a great time at the event! It would really be nice if we could get a divisional back at Numidia, in addition to the combo race! The DiMino family has done an unbelievable job at Numidia since they have taken over!
Ryan Horensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #43
Isaac Zane

Liked 50 Times in 14 Posts

Thanks Rob, Mike, Brian and Lee and everyone that attended and help make the race successful!!! I was hoping to have the Buick Stocker there but the trans failed to cooperate! So I became a spectator, something I'm not real good at! I did have a new spectator with me so I had some explaining to do Saturday about throttle stops and S/SS racing. It was an enjoyable day for me watching/explaining and I even managed to watch most of the .90 classes. There was some very good racing going on out there with one race that I remember being a .0012 MOV... Nothing like making it close!

The track appeared to be in fantastic shape and they had some good food available!

Thanks again everyone and I even had a good time on the ride up and back! The motorcycle makes it nice!

Safe Trips Everyone!
Isaac Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #44
Bill Kennedy

Liked 34 Times in 9 Posts

We also had a great time. Thanks to all who help put this together!!! I hope there will be another one next year. Also, I know I have been saying this for a while but, we hope to get to the East Coast races. We all have to support these types of races.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #45
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

Rob deleted post...

Last edited by BKSG1198; 06-19-2012 at 09:36 AM.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #46
Bryan Worner

Liked 410 Times in 66 Posts

I sure hope so! I will mark my racing calendar the moment the date is set!

I know I offended some, but my post was only to those who complain about the way NHRA treats them, or IHRA has nothing to offer and just didn't attend! I know racers who run a full schedule value those off weekends during the season, since I'm one of them! So if you are one that just stayed home for no reason, when the race was scheduled a half year in advance, you're the ones I was addressing and have no reason to complain any more! You had the opportunity and passed!
Bryan Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #47
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,494 Times in 426 Posts

We really wanted to come, and I was looking forward to it months ago and I'm sorry to have let you guys down but we were fighting the car again..can't wait to finish my stocker so I can start having fun in what I hope will be a low maintenance car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Worner View Post
I also want to thank Lee, Bryan and the Numdia staff for another excellent race! The starting line was a little iffy Friday night and the waiting in the staging lanes was a little annoying, but It was worth it! Nothing that doesn't happen to us when we go to a points race or when we are either hurried, or pushed aside for the pros at a national event!

What I don't understand is all the class racers who didn't attend this race! I know there are a lot of you who post on here from the northeast, so lets hear the excuses why you didn't plan on coming to this race! I'm sure you really enjoy sitting in fields for days and lines for hours getting into points races and national events, and getting pitted miles from the starting line in the dirt. I guess since this race offered none of that, you weren't interested! Either that, or, if you happen to win on occasion, you like haggling with manufacturers for their **50, **100 or **300 contingency payments! Didn't have to do that here either! Finally, maybe you like worrying about going a second under to trigger that good old AHFS review........didn't happen here either! In fact, you had a race where you could let it all hang out with no penalty whatsoever!!!! Like Lee said, shame on you for not showing up!

Last, I had no business winning the CIC race! Even though only 11 cars entered, there were 6 cars capable of running 1.30 under the old indexes. I was not one of them! I qualified #7 out of 11! So if you think you need a car that can run 1.40 under to win one of these races, you are wrong! Don't get me wrong, a really fast car helps, but we all know that you need some luck to win any race! I got lucky, for once!