HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
Robert Swartz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Those that are racing vs those of us that aren't racing yet

I've read many of the posts about Drooze and many that he has posted as well. It has been enough to drive one dizzy. On one side, yeah, he made alot of claims. On the other, hey, he finally got the car out and someone has seen it. Despite the results, that, in my book counts for something. He's sure accomplished more than I have. Both my rides are still sitting in the garage, in pieces.

To me, all this attention isn't unexpected. When you make claims, you raise the bar of expectations. Unless you have really deep pockets, it is unrealistic to build a new car and expect it to be capable, right out the box. It always takes awhile to sort out "the bugs and gremlins"! At least that's been the case with any car I've ever had, worked on or been associated with in some manner.

I spent quite a few hours on the phone a couple weeks back, speaking with someone whom has been there. I was pretty much told that, when a new car comes out. That car will be under alot of scrutiny. You're the new kid on the block, especially, if you're an unknown. The experienced racers are going to want to know about this new car and how it performs. If it's a typical build, has the normal new car problems and takes time to sort out, you're probably better off. IF, you build a car and it blazes under the index, You're going to be suspect.

I think this is where Chris is at. The man made some claims, so far , the car hasn't performed . Know what, my feeling, he's trying to race the car. He's having new car problems. If it were me, I'd be really upset about 2 junked motors. I'd be sidelined with my budget. If he has the assets to get back in form, let's just sit back and see where he goes from here.

Now, excuse me, I have to go bang out the rear bumper of a 96 Taurus. I hate plastic bumpers!!!
95 Achieva EF/SA, 78 Mustang II U/SA (work in progress) #354 stock
Robert Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
CycloneFE

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Those that are racing vs those of us that aren't racing yet

Robert,

I agree with you and wish Chris all the best. I am in the same boat as you, funds, car in pieces, etc. I can only guess what we will be treated like when we get to the track.

Steve
CycloneFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
Robert Swartz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneFE View Post
Robert,

I agree with you and wish Chris all the best. I am in the same boat as you, funds, car in pieces, etc. I can only guess what we will be treated like when we get to the track.

Steve
Steve,

You'll (we'll) be fine. Racing is like any other hobby. You'll find the majority of people to be good honest people. I haven't done this in over 20 years. I truly don't expect the racing part to be that much different. Just like my boss tells me at work, "you're just putting in bolts and torquing them down, how hard is this"? What's drag racing, do a burnout, stage the car and wait for the lites to come down, leave hard on the last yellow, how hard can this be, LOL! Trust me, I'm not as naive about this as I sound.

I expect to take my beatings on the track. As for my car(s), there are bound to be problems and hassles that I can't even imagine just yet. With my 66 Nova, the bracket car, as long as it tracks straight and I can get it to be consistant, I'll be happy. The crate motor Firebird, if that car just smells the index, early on, I'll be pleased. There are going to be so many areas to improve that car, it will be scarey.
95 Achieva EF/SA, 78 Mustang II U/SA (work in progress) #354 stock
Robert Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
hemidup

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We're in down mode time. Something we're not use to. We have 3 cars and 1 truck in our stable. 64 Lightweight NSS/A, (needs a refresh) 68 SS/AH Cuda (under construction) 05 Hemi Ram bracket truck (quickest Hemi Ram pickup in the world and needs a refresh) and our new Drag Pak Challenger (under construction). Problem is, is dealing with the new economic's. Our bracket truck has brought in the most money in the past couple years and will be the cheapest to rebuild and get back to the track again, than the 64, than the DP and finally the 68.
hemidup is offline   Reply With Quote