HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default What Delay Box / T-Stop???

We have decided to give up the heads up racing as it has gotten WAY out of hand for us. We are setting up to do a little S/ST, S/G racing, and when the second car is finished S/C. Both cars are Mustangs and depending on what motor we use, my sons car will run mid 9's. I am a little concerned about running S/ST with coming off the stop on 28x10.5 tires, but I am sure there are others doing it now.

I am looking for the most user friendly setups. T-Stop air or electric? under carb or inline? Box? get one that controls everything? We will have a learning curve I am sure but dont want to throw $$$ away on stuff that really dont work.

Thanks..
NMRA 2012 Outlaw 10.5 #10
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
HolcombS/G155G

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What Delay Box / T-Stop???

I have CO2 stops on both my cars. My S/G Camaro has an inline stop because its an injected alcohol motor. That car I have a dedenbear command center. It will pretty much do whatever you want, even has the hookup for the electric dial in boards. My S/C dragster has an under carb CO2 dedenbear stop since I have an alcohol carb on it. I have a mega 400 box in that car and it to can do just about anything you want it to. I prefer the air stop over the electric because you can regulate how fast/slow the stop comes on and off. If you have a CO2 stop on your sons mustang you should be ok coming off the stop. Hope this helps. Welcome to the world of .90 racing
HolcombS/G155G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
Rollins_2241

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Nova runs 9.60 all out and I use a simple Mega 85 single stage box (I run a lot of no-box and this one is easier to wire on a 6-wire jumper plug for quick exit).

I use an electric #1 Stop under carb, volts keep the throttle open, ground closes it (goes on the stop). I go on at .250 to .270 depending on converter, because I want to just clear the beams before shutting down. I go off anywhere from 2.00 to 2.40 depending on weather, come off in low gear and shift on RPM. I have never broken the tires loose coming off the stop (M/T 3055S, 10.5 x 28).
Rollins_2241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks for the information. We may try to make the first couple of races this year and see how it goes. We put a milder motor in my sons car to help us get started, at 2800# for S/ST it will run 10.6's all day long. My car is still going back together and will more than likely not be ready until mid March or April.

Again Thanks a bunch and we look forward to meeting new racing friends...
NMRA 2012 Outlaw 10.5 #10
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote