HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Jason Vitez tops 35 car TNTSS field at EBRP!

Sam LoVetro Jr takes back championship points lead!

Finally, after four attempts, the popular Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series got an event completed at Elegant Builders Raceway Park without weather cancelling the show. A series high 35 cars showed up to do battle - presented by Sam LoVetro Automotive - at Lancaster’s 1/8th mile and Elma, New York’s Jason Vitez took home the win and the $1000 purse.
After qualifying 9th with a 7.010, Vitez took out Chris VanBaalen who went .004 red on the tree. Both drivers were ready though, each running 7.001. Round two saw Vitez defeat Ted Barnes with a .504, 6.983 to a .525, 6.991 double breakout.

Dave Gunn was next to fall when he left before the tree activated, moving Vitez into the quarter finals against Mark Glomb. There Glomb gave Vitez the round as he went red and Vitez missed the tree at .557.

The semi-finals was Larry Pulver running dead-on 7.007 but Vitez was able to take the holeshot win with a 7.021.

In the money round, it was JJ Jablonski in the other lane. Vitez was better on the tree by .018 and carried it through to the stripe running a 7.016 to Jablonski's 7.058 effort.

“I would like to say special thanks to Joe and Moe Passero,” said Vitez. “Without them this would not have been possible.” He mentioned this was the first time his son Zach was crew chief. “Zach did a great job. I think he was more excited than me!”

Vitez was quick to thank his wife Kimberly, daughter Brooke and son Logan for letting him get out and have some fun. “That 68 Camaro was great all night just like it always is. And to race JJ in the final was cool. The last time that happened was the day I sold my 63 Corvette roadster about 7 years ago.”

Sponsors include Rosehill Auction House and Jason Vitez Race Cars. He also mentioned thanks to Joe’s Transmission, Sam LoVetro Automotive and Ted Barnes. “And all the sponsors for the series. Without them this would not be possible.”

Vitez lost his father last September. “I want to dedicate this race to my father Jim who passed away last September. It's my first win without him. He was my biggest fan.”

Next up is a Canadian double plus the Dilts Piston Hydraulics Race of Champions at St Thomas Raceway Park in Sparta, Ontario. Check out www.tntsuperseries.com for all schedule and competitor information in the most popular sportsman drag racing series in the country.

Specialty Awards
•Hoosier Tire Canada $100 certificate - Number One Qualifier ◦Jim Thomson (Niagara Falls, Ontario) with a 7.000 •J&S Collision $50 - Closest to the Index (1st Round Loser) ◦Chris VanBaalen (Wellandport, Ontario) with a 7.001
•Elegant Builders Raceway Park – Best Reaction Time (1st Round Loser)
◦Pete Maduri Jr (Tonawanda, NY) with a .507

2013 Joe's Transmission TNTSS Championship Points Standings (TOP 10) - After 4 of 13
1 Sam LoVetro Jr 321
2 David Surmatchewski 318
3 Ryan Boniferro 283
4 Kevin Orr 265
5 JJ Jablonski 256
6 Gary Kerl 232
7 Steve McCarrick 212
8 Harris Phelps 212
9 Jim Thomson 209
10 Harry Phelps 208