Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-23-2017, 11:50 PM   #21
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Unhappy Re: Prayers for Vic Hobbs....

Thanks Tom for the update on Vic, and dahkahuna for the updated phone number. Hopefully I'll be able to briefly chat with him to let him know about my/our thoughts and prayers to/for him. I too hope and pray for a miracle to bless Vic Hobbs.
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:27 PM   #22
TOM KASCH
VIP Member

Liked 241 Times in 100 Posts
Default Re: Prayers for Vic Hobbs....

Just talked to Lauire, Vic is still living, but hospice is in and it shouldn't be much longer.

She asked if his friends could write and tell what they remember about him & how they meet & what help he gave them. Would like to read them at his funeral
TOM KASCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:50 PM   #23
The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 235 Times in 102 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk

Sorry to hear. I`ve never met him, but have followed him for years. God Bless.

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:51 AM   #24
RON NICKELS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I met Vic in the 1970,s,i had a 50 Olds ,he had a 69 Camaro at the time,he, and Ted Seiples were the best racers back then,i learned by watching them ,i always wondered why they knocked the pre stage lite out on a .400 pro tree.I lost a lot back then,talked to Vic and he explained about deep staging ,and i started to win a few races.Yrs. later in 1979 we had the bracket finals in Bakersfield Ca.,we ran a full tree,i notice that Vic had tape on his window,and he said he blinded all ambers but the bottom bulb ,and went deep just like the .400 pro lite ,and so i tried it and won the bracket finals in 1982, and 1983,He also won the bracket finals many times.To this day i still run a blinder on the full tree,but with a trans brake,i owe a lot of my racing success to Vic Hobbs ,my MENTOR,he helped me many times when i had problems,like changing rear end gears ,head gaskets,converters at the track ,he always was a great friend and no one loved drag racing more than him,he won more races than anybody i know with cars that were a challenge to drive ,i mean slow cars,and he also had some success in stock class.I will really miss him ,im so sorry he is leaving us,Rest In Peace my friend ,i will always remember the good times we had , LOVE,THE HAMMER ,7316.
RON NICKELS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:26 AM   #25
RON NICKELS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I met Vic in the 1970,s,i had a 50 Olds ,he had a 69 Camaro at the time,he, and Ted Seiples were the best racers back then,i learned by watching them ,i always wondered why they knocked the pre stage lite out on a .400 pro tree.I lost a lot back then,talked to Vic and he explained about deep staging ,and i started to win a few races.Yrs. later in 1979 we had the bracket finals in Bakersfield Ca.,we ran a full tree,i notice that Vic had tape on his window,and he said he blinded all ambers but the bottom bulb ,and went deep just like the .400 pro lite ,and so i tried it and won the bracket finals in 1982, and 1983,He also won the bracket finals many times.To this day i still run a blinder on the full tree,but with a trans brake,i owe a lot of my racing success to Vic Hobbs ,my MENTOR,he helped me many times when i had problems,like changing rear end gears ,head gaskets,converters at the track ,he always was a great friend and no one loved drag racing more than him,he won more races than anybody i know with cars that were a challenge to drive ,i mean slow cars,and he also had some success in stock class.I will really miss him ,im so sorry he is leaving us,Rest In Peace my friend ,i will always remember the good times we had , LOVE,THE HAMMER ,7316.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:53 PM   #26
RON NICKELS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Laurie,Vics ex wife is taking care of Vic with hospice care in her home,she would like to have some short stories of Vic that you may have of him in his racing, or whatever,so she can read them at his funeral ,thanks,Ron Nickels.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #27
KayMozeris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Vic,

If my memory serves me correctly we first met around 2008-2009 while Speedworld was hosting a National Open event. This was about the time I made my transition into Stock.
Down the road we were paired up for the first (and only) time in Stock first round at the Sonoma divisional. As the famous racers quote goes it was youth & enthusiasm vs. age & wisdom. My reaction time started with a .1 that round, but somehow I ended up on the lucky side of a double breakout. At the top end you gave me a genuine, congratulatory hug.
From that point forward, any race we came across one another at, you would greet me with your beaming smile, a handshake and words of encouragement. Thank you for all of your kindness over the years.
KayMozeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:01 AM   #28
theworm

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron nickels View Post
laurie,vics ex wife is taking care of vic with hospice care in her home,she would like to have some short stories of vic that you may have of him in his racing, or whatever,so she can read them at his funeral ,thanks,ron nickels.
hi ron does laurie have a email address ? Ive got a few stories racing against my old friend vic. Thanks don the worm elgin
theworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:02 PM   #29
RON NICKELS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don, i dont have her e-mail addy.,but you can post stories on this site, and she will take them from this site ,and read them at his funeral,thanks for your concern,

HAMMER
Old 06-09-2017, 11:13 AM   #30
DIC GEARY

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

It is with much sadness that I post that Vic Hobbs has taken his final stripe....You were always dead-on with a 0 in our book my friend....
Dic & Deb......

Last edited by DIC GEARY; 06-09-2017 at 11:18 AM.
DIC GEARY is offline   Reply With Quote