HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 12-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #21
SST159

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: .370 back to .400 Pro Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA1926 View Post
If the the rule book states .400/.500 then that's what it should be. Us in Super Street with fully suspended cars have a hard time hitting the .470 tree. The really fast cars can always just add numbers to the delay box to slow their car's reaction to hit the .400/.500 tree. We suspended cars don't have the luxury to be able to speed up the cars reaction time like the supergas/supercomp cars. Just because the pros have a hard time with the tree, doesn't mean us sportsman cars should have to have the opposite problem. Especially at divisional races where the pros don't even run!
Well Said!
And to get back to Gary's original question, I personally think NHRA (or any organization that runs .90 pro tree) would have more to gain by going back to the format of .400 and .500 tree at all events and races. This would bring back or bring in new and past racers that are on the cutting edge of hitting the tree in their perspective class. Just my opinion.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:22 AM   #22
Maverick

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts

The problem is changing timers in the system and you don't know where your at. Certain tracks I have a hard time getting a 20, and certain tracks I have a hard time not going red. What is the difference, they are both NHRA tracks. Leave things where they are. The only thing you achieve for sure is you will get more red lites, . They changed the rules back about 20 some years ago for people, and I came out on the short end. I really don't understand what they accomplished then. Except racers were concerned about this or that, and pushed the issue, and changed the rules. Steve Williams S/G 351N. It is a 3 pedal car too.

Last edited by Maverick; 12-16-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:45 PM   #23
tom1280sc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just looked through NHRA 2018 rule book.
It still shows in section 9, page 1 for Super Gas, .4 second pro tree.
Also on page VIII, NHRA National Event Starting Line Pro Start System states .4 seconds between flash of yellow and the green. Since it is in the rule book already, and there is no amendment listed stating it is a miss-print and the .370 tree is correct, it must be a .4 tree. Why is there a need to "ask permission" to go back to the .4 tree ? NHRA needs to follow their rule book, to the letter like they require the racers to follow.
tom1280sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #24
Maverick

I think nhra needs to take a vote, like they did a few years ago, on changing the indexs. I guess if you want to give everyone a chance, make it one second between the yelloe and the green, that way even the studebakers have a chance. I don't run a delay box, so if they add more time, I Will probably retire. I will not put a delay box, or throttle control box in my car.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:01 AM   #25
Maverick

Use to be super Street was 2500 pound minimum, and they had .4 tenths pro tree. They changed that, now we have 150+ 10.90 cars
Old 12-25-2017, 06:32 PM   #26
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 696 Times in 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
I think nhra needs to take a vote, like they did a few years ago, on changing the indexs. I guess if you want to give everyone a chance, make it one second between the yelloe and the green, that way even the studebakers have a chance. I don't run a delay box, so if they add more time, I Will probably retire. I will not put a delay box, or throttle control box in my car.
Sounds like you are on the wrong forum then , you seem to be more in tune with the 8.50 ,10.0 and 11.50"index class " racers......Plenty of those races out there .
If you want to race on "The Big Stage " It requires hard work and dedication. .....The constant Bull about ,I don't have a Roadster, I don't have a big engine , I don't have a big budget is just an excuse . ....I know many racers without any of those that are competitive .
Any voting on Class Index's and tree sequence times should be voted on by racers who actually compete and support the class , not just someone who paid a few bucks for a number and races once a year at their local track because they can't race Brackets that week because the NHRA is there.
How may who want to change everything to suit their cars will actually show up for all 7 Division races ? ....My guess is not many .
I find it both amusing and amazing that after more than a decade after NHRA changed the tree that this is even an issue.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:28 AM   #27
Maverick

Wow, sorry I ruffled your feathers Tom. I know you are a hitter and do go rounds in Div 1. And no, I don't have a roadster like you, and no I don't have a big motor, and not I don't have a big budget. Leave the tree alone. You go changing the rules or the tree, then people have to make changes. The guys with boxes, just add or subtract. No I don't have a box. Any yes I went to all the divisional this year in my division. And I don't think I am legal for the 8.50 class. The only class I am legal in is super gas , super comp,. Super pro is messed up because NHRA changed the tree for box racers, so they could top bulb race after about a 1.2 second delay. Do you run you car all out? Or do you throttle choke it. I should have looked you up this year at the US NATS, but everyone can enter that race if you have a grading of one. I hope we meet so.e day and I will like to shake your hand, and introduce my self. I know, I just don't want things changed for a group of people who don't race the class. Look at the car that won the championship, this year AWESOME. All the cars that compete are awesome.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:37 AM   #28
Maverick

How many cars in the top ten are not roadsters in the Lucas National points. I know of one a Camaro, and he told me he don't run a throttle control, but does have a delay box, and yes he has three pedals also.

Last edited by Maverick; 12-26-2017 at 03:50 AM.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:08 AM   #29
Maverick

I do know a guy out of div 1 that runs super Street in a mustang. I don't believe he has a box of any type in his car, and his car looks almost stock. I usually see him once a year, usually at Columbus. There was a guy who won the national championship about five years ago in a Vega. Not a hi mph car. You know him, I bet.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:21 AM   #30
Maverick

You did pretty good last year Tom. Hope you have a better year this coming year. You know what I am saying.