HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-11-2014, 04:54 PM   #31
FINESPLINE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Tony Stewart-Kevin Ward / Sprint car accident

Honestly, outside of the car being on fire, I don't care about your ego, your adrenaline rush or whatever you have to prove, YOU DO NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR WHILE THE RACE IS ON---PERIOD. Save the show and face to face when the race is over and everything is parked. Unfortunatly , a young man lost his life because he did not think before he acted. What would have happened had everybody missed him but caused a pile up and somebody else got seriously hurt or killed. Should be a rule----DRIVER GETS OUT OF CAR ON TRACK WHILE THE RACE IS ON---PULL HIS COMPETITION LICENSE FOR A YEAR. Give him plenty of time to think about how to handle himself and not put himself or other drivers in unneccessary danger.

My deepest condolences to all the family and friends of Kevin Ward.
FINESPLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:55 PM   #32
et7333

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Great article:http://motorsports-soapbox.blogspot....-media-at.html
Old 08-11-2014, 06:34 PM   #33
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,046 Times in 276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Jeffery View Post
I believe tony stewart DID NOT go to the race track with intentions of killing anyone. However he DID lose control of himself and in the course of his actions he killed a young man. Search tony stewart on youtube and you will see how level headed and what a sportsman he is. Have a wonderful day!

Exactly what did Tony Stewart do?

I'll tell you what Tony Stewart did. Exactly what every other driver under caution that night did.

The driver of the car in front of Tony said, for the record, that he only saw Kevin Ward at the last instant. Kevin Ward's own friend, who was 4 cars behind Tony Stewart, said that Kevin got out of his car and went toward Stewart, and that his timing in doing so was bad, and unsafe. Notice that he never said a single word about Tony Stewart doing anything wrong.

You have pretty much accused Tony Stewart of voluntary manslaughter, without a shred of verifiable evidence, or for that matter, any evidence at all, other than your own personal opinion about Tony Stewart's temper.

You are entitled to your opinion. But don't expect anyone with any common sense or knowledge about racing to have the slightest bit of respect for your opinion.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #34
Rose Racing

Liked 141 Times in 55 Posts

Honestly I dont blame the kid for being mad,angry or otherwise. Would you be mad as a wet hornet if some NASCAR star came to your local track ruffed you up and wrecked possibly your one and only race car that you probably worked pretty hard and spent money on to race? I honestly doubt the guy could have even gotten close to Stewart to voice his displeasure after the race with Stewarts crew people and security and whoever else there and probably figured that would be the only way he could voice his displeasure and to me this is the same assomebody burning you down on the starting line and blowing your engine up(before the whole 7 sec staging rule or whatever) and you being mad about it. Im not sure about wearing black firesuit and such ive always tried to wear brighter colored firesuits in chase something was wrong on the top end and had to exit the car so the track crew could see me and otherwise this is a part of racing pretty much an accident nothing more nothing less but a very tragic accident at that. RIP Kevin Ward A FELLOW RACER
Rose Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #35
Lou Jeffery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
Exactly what did Tony Stewart do?

I'll tell you what Tony Stewart did. Exactly what every other driver under caution that night did.

The driver of the car in front of Tony said, for the record, that he only saw Kevin Ward at the last instant. Kevin Ward's own friend, who was 4 cars behind Tony Stewart, said that Kevin got out of his car and went toward Stewart, and that his timing in doing so was bad, and unsafe. Notice that he never said a single word about Tony Stewart doing anything wrong.

You have pretty much accused Tony Stewart of voluntary manslaughter, without a shred of verifiable evidence, or for that matter, any evidence at all, other than your own personal opinion about Tony Stewart's temper.

You are entitled to your opinion. But don't expect anyone with any common sense or knowledge about racing to have the slightest bit of respect for your opinion.
Exactly what did tony stewart do? Tony stewart killed a fellow competitor.

If tony stewart did EXACTLY what every other driver did under caution KEVIN WARD would be alive.

Why you do not respect other persons comments is on you and I feel sorry for you. Not for me but your family and friends, PLEASE work on YOUR anger issues. Thank you Louis Jeffery
Lou Jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #36
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,046 Times in 276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Jeffery View Post

Exactly what did tony stewart do? Tony stewart killed a fellow competitor.

If tony stewart did EXACTLY what every other driver did under caution KEVIN WARD would be alive.

Why you do not respect other persons comments is on you and I feel sorry for you. Not for me but your family and friends, PLEASE work on YOUR anger issues. Thank you Louis Jeffery
From all appearances, Kevin Ward ran into race traffic because he lost his temper. Tony followed the car in front of him around under caution, the car in front of him was able to avoid Ward, Ward stepped further toward the 14, and lost his life.

I could respect your opinion, if it were based on anything other than "OMG, google Tony Stewart, he loses his temper", which, for all the world sounds like the emotional outburst of a teenage girl. Based on that, and nothing else, you accuse Tony Stewart of voluntary manslaughter, at the very least. You want your opinion to garner some respect? Base it on the facts of the event itself.

Anger?

I neither need nor want the sympathy of you or anyone like you. Have a nice rest of your life.

Last edited by Alan Roehrich; 08-11-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Alan Roehrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #37
Larry Sullivan

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Racing View Post
Honestly I dont blame the kid for being mad,angry or otherwise. Would you be mad as a wet hornet if some NASCAR star came to your local track ruffed you up and wrecked possibly your one and only race car that you probably worked pretty hard and spent money on to race? I honestly doubt the guy could have even gotten close to Stewart to voice his displeasure after the race with Stewarts crew people and security and whoever else there and probably figured that would be the only way he could voice his displeasure and to me this is the same assomebody burning you down on the starting line and blowing your engine up(before the whole 7 sec staging rule or whatever) and you being mad about it. Im not sure about wearing black firesuit and such ive always tried to wear brighter colored firesuits in chase something was wrong on the top end and had to exit the car so the track crew could see me and otherwise this is a part of racing pretty much an accident nothing more nothing less but a very tragic accident at that. RIP Kevin Ward A FELLOW RACER
I haven't seen any video yet showing contact between the two cars. Ward tried to pass Stewart on the high side in the turn and when his left front was about even with Stewart's right rear, Ward's car spun and stopped. The right rear wheel was visibly buckled and the tire was flat. Both are indications that Ward got into the cushion and that's what spun his car. Stewart's only contribution to the accident was that he was in front of Ward - and he probably wasn't even aware that Ward was there or that Ward wrecked since Stewart was focussed on catching and passing the leader, who was a few car lengths ahead of Stewart..
Larry Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #38
kdanner

Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Davenport View Post
and don't think that Tony will not have to pay for the young mans carelessness regardless of who's fault it is.....there are lawyers that cant wait to get a shot at this because Tony is already guilty by the unknowing public.
I'd say that is the likely outcome of any civil case, when you've got video out there of Tony previously speaking of another driver saying "I'm going to run over him every chance I got".
Old 08-11-2014, 09:40 PM   #39
Gary Smith

Liked 75 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Troy do some research and how you steer a sprint car and look at some pictures of views they have from inside the car, then add in dark track, a driver in a dark suit. The first driver looked like he may have just missed him or even clipped him.

RIP Kevin
Spot on. My cousin has raced CRA/USAC sprints for 20 years... 360 unwinged sprints, 360 wing, and 410 WOO.....They naturally turn left....slam the throttle, and turn the wheel right as you're going into the corners, and they'll instantly go into oversteer....they are unstable while "idling" around the track. I saw Tony Stewart doing exactly what he was supposed to do.....stay with the pace. KW allowed his emotions to get ahead of sound judgement which ended up in a very tragic, sad ending.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #40
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

I have yet to see a person experienced with a dirt sprint car blame Stewart. Only the arm chair experts.