HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 05-22-2018, 11:17 AM   #11
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts
Default Re: throttle stop motor on dyno question

All good info, Rich, and I'm sure that a plate stop would be more consistent because of variables involved.. however, when I installed the #1 Stop on my combination, I lost 3 mph.. I've been told that this is a common occurrence.. you're the first to tell me that you picked up..

I plan to do more bracket racing than .90 racing, and decided to switch back.. and not to mention that a recent manifold change, to the one YOU suggested that is supposed to be 3 mph better than what I had, left me with not enough clearance to put the plate stop back on.. but I did just learn that Sun Coast has another hood for my 27 Roadster, with a taller scoop... and Edelbrock does agree with you, as do many others.. THNX RICH!!

I'm only planning on 4 Divisionals this season, and only 1 National, as I have a credit from last season.. otherwise, you would not see me at a National Event...just sayin'...
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:54 PM   #12
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Charlie it always takes trial and error on this stuff for sure as you know.

I did not pick up MPH just from changing stop styles.......The intake change for me was the gain....and I don't think I a plate slowed me down much.

My best MPH in stop racing was with injection and an inline stop....Virtually NO loss of MPH

A dragster obviously is very easy to swap intakes, spacers, stops with no hood issues......

Pretty much anyone you talk with has varying results with different equipment.....

If I was crossing back and forth from .90 to bracket racing I would probably run a Ron's Terminator as I have in the past and work on a better .90 setup....

Have fun wherever you race .....why else do it....LOL

Last edited by Rich Biebel; 05-23-2018 at 07:28 AM.
Rich Biebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:16 AM   #13
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts

You're right, Rich, and hopefully I will have the results that I have figured on.. I've talked to several people about the manifold, and have received the same results that you provided, so I think that will be a MPH plus, along with the inline stop, that should return the 2 or 3 that I originally lost... BUT, this stuff is all in my head.. we'll see what it actually does at MG this weekend.. hope to run into you soon...
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:12 AM   #14
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Charlie I will be there tomorrow afternoon probably.

Usually parked along the tree line in the lower 40 or somewhere down that area.

Weather looks good and it's still one of the best places to spend a few days at for a race.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:44 PM   #15
B1Ken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What about a disc stop? I can't see any reason for a HP loss with that. It basically acts like a four hole spacer.
B1Ken is offline   Reply With Quote