HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
hurlj
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question dedenbear cc3 wont release problem

Looking for a possible answer to a wierd problem we have. A new car with a dedenbear cc3 command center. With delay in the box at full throttle it will not release. With no delay it works normal. We have had both a 7al3 and now a digital 7 igition box. We have completly rewired the car. Have had two complete different transmissions. Everthing has it's own ground. We have had three differnet cc3 in the car. Am lost and looking for some direction. My cell number is 503-519-8154 if some has ideas and would like to talk to me or you can reply in the forum or email me at jhurlock2@comcast.net.

Thanks Jim

6731 t/s
hurlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
hurlj
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: dedenbear cc3 wont release problem

nm

Last edited by hurlj; 08-25-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: wrong post
hurlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:24 AM   #3
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

Jim,
Unfortunately I have a K&R box so I can't be of much help.
It sounds like you have double checked everything but I would just check to be sure you don't have any times in the box (yours and opponents). That will add in the delay before the brake releases.
I know you said you changed boxes so I'm really grasping at straws.

How long are you waiting for it to release?
If all else fails I would disconnect all the other wires from the box (starting line control, throttle stops, etc)
and zero everything out and just hook up the trans brake with nothing else connected or turned on.
I know you changed transmissions, these did have 2 different trans brake solenoids, correct?

Sorry, that's about all I can think of at the moment.

Frank
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
Rick Blake

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurlj View Post
Looking for a possible answer to a wierd problem we have. A new car with a dedenbear cc3 command center. With delay in the box at full throttle it will not release. With no delay it works normal. We have had both a 7al3 and now a digital 7 igition box. We have completly rewired the car. Have had two complete different transmissions. Everthing has it's own ground. We have had three differnet cc3 in the car. Am lost and looking for some direction. My cell number is 503-519-8154 if some has ideas and would like to talk to me or you can reply in the forum or email me at jhurlock2@comcast.net.

Thanks Jim

6731 t/s
have you tried contacting thier tech guys? They were a great help walking me through some gremlins I was having with my CC3 setup