HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #411
Mr belvedere

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Re: The Factory Experimental Cars

On the lookout for a comet .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1315
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	23211  
Mr belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:12 AM   #412
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts
Default Re: The Factory Experimental Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr belvedere View Post
On the lookout for a comet .
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:40 AM   #413
mike s

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok clarity time.I bought the Paper Tiger II from a Chry engr mechanic.He bought it from a Chry engr who built it for a project for his son. I believe they bought from the guy that Buckeye sold it to.(He painted it pearl white) May have been one other owner before it came to Michigan. They raced the car as the Alien and then sold it to the Chry mech.I sold it to the late Rick Samul.Rick sold it to Kris and he sold it to Mike.The alley story is funny. Car was in Detroit (new center area) in a garage that only opened to an alley. It was not in the alley.Ever!

Now the Firebrewed car ,I found in a junk yard in Inkster Mi.I was out looking for a dana rear for the Plymouth.When I realized what the rear end was connected to I bought it on the spot. I recognized the car in the junk yard as Dick's.I thought at the time it was the car that Dick had crashed and was badly injured in.It was not, that was the 67 GT Dart.I found Dick about three years ago and got he and Rick together. I had worked on Dick's 68 Hemi Dart once and knew him slightly. (btw he was still alive as of Rick's passing a couple years back.) I sold that car wo/dana to Rick with the Paper Tiger II.His widow still has the car and is selling it thru some flipper .Car looks exactly like the pics posted with Rick at the Cema car show at the Chry Museum.

Now you know the real story.

BTW I love the b&w pic of the two cars racing each other at Indy.Don't love the pic of Tig (UFO) laying it on the Paper Tiger II. Hey he's a pal....lol
mike s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:23 PM   #414
jackarnew

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s View Post
Ok clarity time.I bought the Paper Tiger II from a Chry engr mechanic.He bought it from a Chry engr who built it for a project for his son. I believe they bought from the guy that Buckeye sold it to.(He painted it pearl white) May have been one other owner before it came to Michigan. They raced the car as the Alien and then sold it to the Chry mech.I sold it to the late Rick Samul.Rick sold it to Kris and he sold it to Mike.The alley story is funny. Car was in Detroit (new center area) in a garage that only opened to an alley. It was not in the alley.Ever!

Now the Firebrewed car ,I found in a junk yard in Inkster Mi.I was out looking for a dana rear for the Plymouth.When I realized what the rear end was connected to I bought it on the spot. I recognized the car in the junk yard as Dick's.I thought at the time it was the car that Dick had crashed and was badly injured in.It was not, that was the 67 GT Dart.I found Dick about three years ago and got he and Rick together. I had worked on Dick's 68 Hemi Dart once and knew him slightly. (btw he was still alive as of Rick's passing a couple years back.) I sold that car wo/dana to Rick with the Paper Tiger II.His widow still has the car and is selling it thru some flipper .Car looks exactly like the pics posted with Rick at the Cema car show at the Chry Museum.

Now you know the real story.

BTW I love the b&w pic of the two cars racing each other at Indy.Don't love the pic of Tig (UFO) laying it on the Paper Tiger II. Hey he's a pal....lol
Paper Tiger Two went from S/M to Buckeye then to John Rayford who painted it white. John passed away about a year ago or more.A picture of the car in white was in MoparMax mag. 3-12-2012 volumeV11 issue 2.(Charting The Changes )
jackarnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:26 AM   #415
mike s

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you Jack,I had forgotten John's name.I do have the pic and I think it is also posted here.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #416
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Thank you Jack,I had forgotten John's name.I do have the pic and I think it is also posted here.
This one?

Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #417
mike s

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie A View Post
This one?

Yes that's it.When i bought it it was in very nice shape.Could have been built and run in a week or two.Only needed front of roll cage reinstalled.(had a new front floor, another story ) Was in primer and had a thunderbolt hood scoop on it.I saw the pics on Mike's site and it made me sick.It was nothing like that when Rick bought it.Also have a picture from the day Kris bought it from Rick...sad.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:37 PM   #418
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

great stuff here. More pix please

liteweight
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:49 PM   #419
jackarnew

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Yes that's it.When i bought it it was in very nice shape.Could have been built and run in a week or two.Only needed front of roll cage reinstalled.(had a new front floor, another story ) Was in primer and had a thunderbolt hood scoop on it.I saw the pics on Mike's site and it made me sick.It was nothing like that when Rick bought it.Also have a picture from the day Kris bought it from Rick...sad.
That day I did double duty and drove John's and Poor Boy for Sam.The hauler in front of John is mine and was used to get the Plymouth to the track. John is (I think) in front of the car and I am standing at the right door wth the sun glasses on.
jackarnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:26 PM   #420
Mr belvedere

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow that's cool ,about what year was that?
Mr belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote