HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 03-25-2020, 03:42 PM   #11
Bob Smith

Liked 129 Times in 33 Posts
Default Re: NHRA announces revised schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
This is uncharted territory. I applaud the way NHRA is handling this pandemic.....Be safe everyone.....
Absolutely!
Bob Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-25-2020, 03:56 PM   #12
tstickff

Liked 457 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adger Smith View Post
I like the way they did away with the Countdown. Now there will be a real points series winner instead of a countdown winner, even though it is a short series.
No offense, but who gives a hoot about the pros, how about us sportsman that have already traveled and made commitments, New England dragway 20 min from my house and Virginia gone, now what? I went to Gainsville to get the early jump on things, I could care less about the pros and their “schedule”
Old 03-25-2020, 04:35 PM   #13
Ellis V Buth

Liked 274 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstickff View Post
No offense, but who gives a hoot about the pros, how about us sportsman that have already traveled and made commitments, New England dragway 20 min from my house and Virginia gone, now what? I went to Gainsville to get the early jump on things, I could care less about the pros and their “schedule”
Yes it is a rough blow for you D1 guys. Closest nationals for you now are Reading and I assume Charlotte...which isn't ideal to say the least. Try to remember, though, that isn't the poster you quoted's fault nor is it the Pro's fault.

I know it sucks...and I hope you're still able to get out and enjoy some racing this season whenever that is. I also hope you're able to get some special consideration from NHRA if you had already entered those races
Ellis V Buth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:51 PM   #14
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,190 Times in 589 Posts

I hope, and pray, that they are able to stick to this schedule. Who knows what changes might be made in the coming weeks.

Remember, it is the PROS that most of the fans go to see. Not the way any of us like it, but just the facts. When was the last time you have seen throngs of people around the sportsman pits???? The stands are vacated when other than the PROS run. Yes, there are many fans who watch it all, but that is not the norm.

Good luck to all of us waiting to go see races and let's all stay safe and healthy.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:06 PM   #15
Adub464Q

Liked 372 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstickff View Post
NHRA is put into an impossible situation, and this is the best they could come up with to not only cater to the Pros, but how about the national event staff that has to travel with all of the equipment to these races. Let alone, you have tv contracts in place; it is truly a logistical nightmare for everyone.

I get that the Division 1 crowd takes a bit of a hit losing 2 nationals, but there are a lot of people across the nation that face this very issue every year (D6 for example). If you truly intend to chase points, you will find a way.

Let's be thankful that NHRA has come up with a solution to a current WORLD problem and hope that they can stick with this schedule. I think more double divisionals are on the table as well as maybe some SPORTSnationals per division. The DDs have an unenviable task of trying to scrounge up a schedule and I wouldn't want to be a single one of them.
Adub464Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:07 PM   #16
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,635 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
One thing that I noticed immediately is that the Norwalk event that was June 25-28 has been shortened to June 26-28. I am assuming that there will be no racing on Thursday June 25, and the Sportsmen will get their hits on Friday June 26 and go into eliminations on Saturday June 27.
I noticed the same situation with Indy which was Sept. 2-7; has been shortened to Sept. 3-7. I am assuming that there will no racing on Wednesday Sept. 2, and the Sportsmen will be on the track Thursday Sept. 3. I am assuming that this will have an impact on when Class eliminations will be run since Stock Class is always run on Thursday and Super Stock class is run on Friday. Any info will be greatly appreciated because I always attend both events.
You are assuming sportsman will be run at these events. This Maybe Nhras way to finally get rid of us at national events. I certainly hope not
Keith 944 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-25-2020, 06:18 PM   #17
CMcAllister

Liked 725 Times in 199 Posts

This can't be good for any of the tracks. Just like every business hard hit, I hope they all manage to remain viable. Losing a National has to be a big hit.

And a six month marathon for the Pros. Uncharted territory.
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:00 PM   #18
Jim Whitehead

Liked 145 Times in 38 Posts

Yes the fans come to see the pros, but don't forget we pay the way for them. Is Div 1 the only division that lost 2 nationals ? I haven't looked at the old and new schedule yet. Maybe the tracks that lost a national can get an extra divisional ? No easy answer someone is always going to be upset or effected by this.
Jim Whitehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-25-2020, 08:05 PM   #19
Jim Whitehead

Liked 145 Times in 38 Posts

Maybe NHRA should do the right thing and let 128 cars run at the nationals for the divisions that lost races. Work with the sportsman for a change.
Jim Whitehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:37 PM   #20
Bob Sherwood

Liked 329 Times in 50 Posts

Wondering if I understand this correctly, there are 6 events that are two day events for Mello Yellow class only, does that mean there are no sportsman classes run at those events ??
Bob Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote