HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,225 Times in 594 Posts
Default Justin Vest - winner High School R.O.C.

I know this isn't the norm for this forum, but WAY TO GO Justin. He is the high school champ at Spokane Raceway Park Div. 6 E.T. Finals. This kid comes from a fine family and is a very nice kid to talk to. Seems to have his head on straight and a darn good racer also. Kudos for a mom and dad that have it together. Justin's dad William is a very accomplished racer also. I am not sure who is happier right now, Justin, his family or his many friends, including me.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:20 AM   #2
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Talking Re: Justin Vest - winner High School R.O.C.

Ron,, we were all glad to see Justin pull it off. Its a shame the HS winners can't go to Pomona,,, found that out 10 years ago with my younger son,, oh well. There were a lot of us in that winner's circle photo, Saturday night, celebrating with Justin and his folks. His Firebird is too quick for Sportsman, like many HS racers, so he ran in Pro Bracket during the Gambler race on Friday and went quite a few rounds, and also on Sunday in the team event he did a lot of damage too, scoring points for team Bremerton.
This was also the first time young Justin has had to tow across the state, and I asked how that went, and he said he now realized how big Washington is when you get out there and run the highways for hours..
One side note I've got to add,, there was a little "hottie" pitted a few trailers up from the Vest family, and Justin kept riding his pit bike past her,, so I asked him why he didn't go up and talk to her, and he just got red and shook his head No,, and I said, go on, she won't bite, and he just got redder and shook his head No some more,,,, kind of funny.
Congrats, Justin, you had an unforgettable weekend,,, enjoy that big "Wally" and get a speech ready for the division banquet this winter.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,225 Times in 594 Posts
Default Re: Justin Vest - winner High School R.O.C.

Danny, I don't think this will be the last Wally for Justin. I am sure his dad has been a big influence, but seems to drive the car well and has learned how to dial it. This kid will go far in drag racing.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #4
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: Justin Vest - winner High School R.O.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy49 View Post
Danny, I don't think this will be the last Wally for Justin. I am sure his dad has been a big influence, but seems to drive the car well and has learned how to dial it. This kid will go far in drag racing.
I agree, Ron. Whenever Brad Burton, Bill Edgeworth and Ryan Warter show up at Bremerton with their Firebirds, I've mentioned that Justin and Bill should go over and take notes and pick some brains on how to get those F-bodies to launch and 60ft a little better. I'd love to see them pick up another body and perhaps think about a future in Stock Eliminator for Justin,, as I think they'd do well eventually. Theres some pretty good Pontiac knowledge around the area, you know.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote