Default Re: Nitro drivers PO'd at WJ

He struggles a bit with English.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:04 AM   #12
Billy Pires

Liked 24 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
“I’m saying this, I will get in his car with my eyes closed, you can tape my eyes closed, and you can take my car and he can tape his eyes closed and see who makes it further,” Tasca said, voice raising with emotion.

And no, Tasca said, he’s not speaking just to be lashing out. He’s adamant with his challenge.

“If he wants to accept the challenge, we’ll get in each other’s car, and I’ve never driven a hunk of s*** GM in my life, but I’ll drive one and he can drive a Ford, eyes closed just to prove a point. I’m sick and tired of him talking s*** about the fuel car drivers. Consider this my challenge to a blindfold match.”
there's no way anybody in a sane state of mind would ever consider this. Something tells me he got this idea from Force
Old 07-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #13
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

I would put my money on WJ in the top fooler against any fooler driver in pro stocker.How many of those guys even have a clue about operating a Liberty,No offense to any body on here but when disscussion of clutchless trans came up in different threads very few stock super stock guys knew how they operated or what it takes to drive them,some may disagree but there are parts of clutchless trans that are harder than clutch versions.
Alot people think you turn clutch loose and yank shifter back and forth.
I have 99 % stick experience in my lifetime and I'm not sure I could make it to second gear in pro stock car for several passes.
I've been sick of fuel-top sportsman/dragster,Quick 8 being considered so skilled or smarter or "being the show" by people, fans that don't know anything for so long it's I don't know what words to use.
The alky dragster/funny require way more to drive than foolers do foolers are 95% crew
5% driver.
I say WJ has same view about driving fooler as I do I'm smart enough or maybe say not stupid enough to get in a fooler.why would any one with common sense even drive one of those things?
Mike Taylor 3601
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:38 AM   #14
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,030 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Pires View Post
there's no way anybody in a sane state of mind would ever consider this. Something tells me he got this idea from Force
I don't think Force is that big an idiot or fool.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #15
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 502 Times in 125 Posts

I drive a stick car and I know that the 1st time i let the clutch out on a pro stocker id be saying oooooooooooooooooooh s*&t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #16
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts
Talking Re: Nitro drivers PO'd at WJ

Originally posted by Ed Fernandez
I'd like to see any of those prima dona fuel guys make a pass in a pro stocker.Or a PS bike,that would be something.Road rash city.
NHRA #1945
IHRA #1945
T/SA
With the obvious exception of Antron Brown.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #17
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Two different finish lines. This had to happen. I'm surprised it took this long. I guess the fuel cars can't shut down with the track sprayed, and the pro stock can't stay hooked without it. Don't surprised me the difference of opinions. Course you gotta consider, in one corner The Professor-known to speak his mind on several issues and usually not politically correct, Jim Head-speaks his mind also and been there a long time just like WJ and he don't understand the word correct, Tasca, I mean the guy drives a Ford so you gotta make allowances. My personal opinion is to get the track the same length which I think NHRA is playing with slowing down the fuel cars and put them back to 1/4 mile. Problem solved, no blindfolds needed.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #18
BlueOval Ralph
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tasca= member of the lucky sper___club!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Two different finish lines. This had to happen. I'm surprised it took this long. I guess the fuel cars can't shut down with the track sprayed, and the pro stock can't stay hooked without it. Don't surprised me the difference of opinions. Course you gotta consider, in one corner The Professor-known to speak his mind on several issues and usually not politically correct, Jim Head-speaks his mind also and been there a long time just like WJ and he don't understand the word correct, Tasca, I mean the guy drives a Ford so you gotta make allowances. My personal opinion is to get the track the same length which I think NHRA is playing with slowing down the fuel cars and put them back to 1/4 mile. Problem solved, no blindfolds needed.
BlueOval Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #19
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 260 Posts

Jeff,
A solution would be for NHRA to shorten the track for Pro Stock. Wow, would I like to hear WJ's take on that. Another way NHRA could cure their problem would be sell off everything that runs on a long track. Humm! Are you up for buying all the Sportsman series? By the way, I have a few pictures of those 2 new DP's at B&B... Cool!

Last edited by Adger Smith; 07-16-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: SP
Adger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #20
Beth Denysenko
Live Reporter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Tasca, I mean the guy drives a Ford so you gotta make allowances.
Hey now!!!

Seriously, something has to give. Not one of us goes up to the starting line expecting to have serious issues with safety like those guys were expected to last weekend. Shame on NHRA for trying to save a buck that could have made a second fatality that weekend. Actually, a first fatality as the Top Alcohol crash came after Pro Stock round 1. I cannot believe they got such a flippant response from NHRA as they did.

Regardless, we come to the line expecting a safe track. NHRA is supposed to provide that. Glad they came to their senses before another person got hurt.

And Warren rocks! He has been and always will be my hero. I have only gone out of my way for two autographs as a fan - his and Melanie Troxel's.

www.moneymakerracing.net

Last edited by Beth Denysenko; 07-16-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Beth Denysenko is offline   Reply With Quote