HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 10-31-2008, 10:26 AM   #31
Casey Miles

Liked 444 Times in 83 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Index Changes

As a stock eliminator racer for more then 30 years, I've seen alot of changes that doesn't make sense to the class. The original flavor of "STOCK" was stock and not modified stock. No after market parts like lite weight pistons, or Schubeck lifters that was not even thought if that part didn't belong to the car. If you wanted to put after market stuff into your car, you went to Super Stock. Some of the cars are more Super Stock then what they are supposed to be is "Stock". It's too late now to change the back to the old style stockers. Leave the indexes alone so that the people who have a stocker can still compete with the so called Stockers. I personally don't care if people want to go 2 seconds under, a $2.00 bottle of shoe polish evens everything up. It's a bracket race with expensive engines.
Casey Miles
248H E/S because of 4hp
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:37 AM   #32
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Index Changes

[QUOTE=stockracer;89753]So how much do you have in it? Your time, and what is your time worth?

I don't have any more time in it than some guys spend sitting around swilling beer and watching stick & ball games. It's my hobby, I enjoy working on it. I have never added up what I have in it. Maybe $10,000.00, not much more if any. I could do it cheaper next time. I could dupicate my whole car for what some guys spent buying their engines. It's nothing special, but it's better than the driver.

> A stocker can run -.5 in superstock with the same combo. [QUOTE]

Which is exactly why I say SS the indexes are too soft. I know several Div 4 LT1 stockers that can run at least .5 under in SS. It's impressive how fast some of them are, especially considering how much extra weight they are carrying in stock.

Stock? Don't have one, so am not concerned with their indexes or anything else they do. I don't see anything "entry level" about it.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:36 PM   #33
Dwight Southerland
VIP Member

Liked 704 Times in 176 Posts

So, Stockracer, do you race a 350-255 combo? If so, and you are looking for sympathy you are out of luck. That combo is one of the three most-beat-on combos in all of stock racing. If you want to find racers to agree with you that there is something unjust or evil about the fact that most people can't run 1.1 under with that engine, you won't find it here. There is also nothing unjust about the Caddy you referred to, or the LS1 being able to run fast easily. If you had been around in 1969, the 350-255 was in the same position. You gotta be savvy, smart and thick-skinned. This ain't no game for you if you want someone else to carry your baggage. "You pays yo' money an' you takes yo' choice."

Good post, Ed.
Dwight Southerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:23 PM   #34
Chuck Beach

Liked 59 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Beach

Dwight,
That is why he is Ed 'Wright' because he is right ....
Old 10-31-2008, 08:19 PM   #35
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Talking Re: Index Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1664SSJA View Post
Thats it in a nutshell.

OR.................... the FORD guys could go out and buy a 396/375 car and just get it ANNIHILATED with HP. If they all pitch in they can prob do it for a few hundred a piece.
Start with A and work to E. Game over. That'll get the factors starightened out QUICK huh?
Like Hedley Lamar said in Blazing Saddles "OOOH kinky,but I like it".That would be something.........

Ed F.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #36
Keith Lynch

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks like the 396/375 guys can do it by their selfs the way they been running this year. With what looks like another 5 HP coming up at the end of the year, the Ford guys don't need to build a Chevy..... they get for free.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #37
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 66 Times in 18 Posts

Dont you think for one minute i wouldnt love to make the new indexes, i have all the data from 93 till now, so.............