HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-24-2008, 09:16 PM   #21
Joe DeMarzo

Liked 114 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Considering going Stocker Racing

I have a 70 nova, freah paint for sale, come see it at Lebanon. will run 1 second plus under. I have built a car and bought a car, easy to buy a car and build on what you buy, Good luck, if you come to Lebanon tlak to all the stockers in the lane, great group of
racers in D-1.

XCHAMP1317@aol.com
Old 06-24-2008, 09:23 PM   #22
6682Bktrcr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
IF you KNOW Stock Eliminator, AND you can do all or at least most of the work your self, AND you can get good deals on parts AND the work you can't do, then you might try building one. If ALL of the above DOES NOT fit you, then BUY a nice running car that goes 5-7 tenths under for your $35K, learn, and work your way up.
WOW !!!!!!!! Did I open a can of worms.I feel will be bitting off alot more than I can chew.Talk about the JUNGLE !!!!!I dont have a problem working and learning.Dont know if I can make Lebonon but I will try and get to the Grove ,Atco or E-Town in the near future.I will make sure I try and hook up with some of the guys on this board so we can chat.

Thanks Guys I will keep you all posted
6682Bktrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:41 PM   #23
Martin Flegal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Considering going Stocker Racing

1987 Camaro I/SA 305 motor fuel injected----3 speed trans---just quailified ,75 under at Englistown---nice clean car---red paint---$18,500---contact Martin Flegal at 717-859-2784 7 to 7 Mon thru Fri--easy & fun to drive
Martin Flegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:26 PM   #24
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,035 Times in 271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6682Bktrcr View Post
WOW !!!!!!!! Did I open a can of worms.I feel will be bitting off alot more than I can chew.Talk about the JUNGLE !!!!!I dont have a problem working and learning.Dont know if I can make Lebonon but I will try and get to the Grove ,Atco or E-Town in the near future.I will make sure I try and hook up with some of the guys on this board so we can chat.

Thanks Guys I will keep you all posted
Hey, I can tell you it is a STEEP learning curve. I've had TONS of help from GREAT people, and STILL have further to go. I do what I can to help people who need help and ask. And I tell people the truth about it. So I'm just trying to be honest, I think you'll get the same answer from others, and I'm sure you're smart enough to figure it out.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:15 PM   #25
scubasteve

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sorry to butt in off topic. but just sayin hello cowboy , never got your cell # . iron mike in route to norwalk now . havent seen u since bristol . stay safe my friend !! ok back to the regularly scheduled program
scubasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #26
Dave Goob Cook

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm puzzled, you have a nearly completed bracket or street shootout type car there that is real nice, but you talk of the expense being too much.
The reason I bracket race instead of class race is the expense and work involved with class racing....maybe when I was younger, and if I had ten times the money, I'd be a class racer.

Nothing is cheap about class racing, from the entry fees to having a legal car that runs close to or under the indexes.

There is no cheaper way to race competitively than "no rules", run what ya brung brackets, and you can do it every week in your locale, that weather permits.
I get 700 to 1200 runs from an engine.....well, there was that used one that I only got 250 or so out of.

Class racing will involve serious travel time and expense if you want to have grade points to run the big events.

Just curious what makes you think a class car would be cheaper?
Dave Goob Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:15 AM   #27
Mike Galuk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Considering going Stocker Racing

Louie, please send me your EMail address. LGaluk@aol.com. Thanks, Mike

Mike Galuk
JOE COOL RACING
Mike Galuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:22 AM   #28
6682Bktrcr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Goob Cook View Post
I'm puzzled, you have a nearly completed bracket or street shootout type car there that is real nice, but you talk of the expense being too much.
The reason I bracket race instead of class race is the expense and work involved with class racing....maybe when I was younger, and if I had ten times the money, I'd be a class racer.

Nothing is cheap about class racing, from the entry fees to having a legal car that runs close to or under the indexes.

There is no cheaper way to race competitively than "no rules", run what ya brung brackets, and you can do it every week in your locale, that weather permits.
I get 700 to 1200 runs from an engine.....well, there was that used one that I only got 250 or so out of.

Class racing will involve serious travel time and expense if you want to have grade points to run the big events.

Just curious what makes you think a class car would be cheaper?

Dave,Like I said I have been considering it and just wanted to get some insight on it.From the responses I am getting its sounds like it will be a full just trying to be somewhat competitive.Its a bit intimidating to say the least.I was looking to just do some close Div 1 trips.I really seems more involved than I imagined.I am being honest.It is all new to me.I know my car is almost done.Are they really done?

Thanks for your input
6682Bktrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #29
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Talking Re: Considering going Stocker Racing

Chip - Thanks for noticing that I don't have a "Maaco" paint job (and I'm sure my painter Ryan Korek thanks you also). But my point is that most guys don't want or need a 10K paint makeover .
The idea is to buy the very best on day 1 - spend what you have to and its cheaper in the long run .
Like many have said - how long does it take to get a combo right? All the trips to the track cost -- all the parts that don't work cost - all the entry fees that are wasted cost . And on and on ......
Spend the big bucks in the beginning and it'll be cheaper in the long run and you can have fun on the very first day . My calculator works just fine -- those trick parts are going to come along at some point anyway -- so get ready to buy them when they do -- this is not a cheap sport . Like I said before when you go looking its best to take along someone who is a great judge of "horseflesh" to make sure you don't buy yesterday's technology and a bad class combination . Our team has built many cars in the last ten years or so and I can tell you that for most its a bad idea to start from scratch . Speed costs -- let someone else pay ...............

Mark -- I won't be in the "Jungle" at Lebanon but maybe we can catch- up at another track .
Old 06-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #30
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Somebody has to build some new cars or there will never be a net gain of class cars, just recycled owners. I know here in Div. 6 its the same cars year after year. Makes it easy for the track announcer though. Build it the ETs will come, unless you want a record holder from the get go.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote