HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #31
Dennis P Chapman
VIP Member

Liked 52 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: Aa/s stock (?) mustang

I agree with Ron running high HP cars is a lot of fun.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #32
BMFRACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Re: Aa/s stock (?) mustang

This was a NMRA race. NHRA had nothing to do with it. You can not set NHRA records at a NMRA race. Bob
BMFRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:30 PM   #33
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Ortiz View Post
I love running high HP cars that go real fast.
I couldnt agree more.....bikes too....

Im thinking Stock Eliminator is a bit slow for me at times But then again the Challengers got a bit to go before its in the 8's

Well see in August I think 250+ Will be fun.........Then again Ill probably wear a depends just in case it scares the , stuffing outta me.

(On one of my cars I taped a Diaper and a "Camping" ash tray, my dad said I understand the diaper. But I dont understand the ash tray, I said well if I die in the car in a blaze of fire, you can just shake the car a bit and remove the ash tray, no cremation needed)

(To any who question my sanity or what Im saying my tounge is firmly impanted in my cheek at the moment, well except for august and 250+)
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:43 AM   #34
Nathan Stinson

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry 6674 View Post
Heres a question for the really fast guys. How much more can these stocker tires handle with the stock type suspensions?

Look around at some of the outlaw heads up classes. There are cars on 26 x 8.5" slicks running mid to low 5 sec 1/8 mile times. The mustang stock suspension is a great working piece also. Lots of cars running fast with stock suspension.
Nathan Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #35
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Stinson View Post
Look around at some of the outlaw heads up classes. There are cars on 26 x 8.5" slicks running mid to low 5 sec 1/8 mile times. The mustang stock suspension is a great working piece also. Lots of cars running fast with stock suspension.
Good point.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:49 PM   #36
lstanford

Liked 133 Times in 30 Posts

[QUOTE=Ed Fernandez;188312]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Turner View Post

Dave,we have,in my opinion the top S/SS Assoc. in the country.I don't run those races mainly because of the speed differences between myself and a lot of the SS cars.
Last year at the Mopar race at Englishtown I had to run Jimmy Vignona in the SS/?S
car in the final.He came past me doing 155 mph.Interesting.
I guess you have never bracket raced a dragster with a door car. Test and tune generally pairs up door cars and dragsters. What's the big deal? Ask your insurance man, drag racing is termed "a high risk sport". I think you stand a better chance of being hit by a meteor than having a CJ take out your land barge. Maybe it's just me...........
lstanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:03 PM   #37
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

[QUOTE=FECARMAN;188461]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post

I guess you have never bracket raced a dragster with a door car. Test and tune generally pairs up door cars and dragsters. What's the big deal? Ask your insurance man, drag racing is termed "a high risk sport". I think you stand a better chance of being hit by a meteor than having a CJ take out your land barge. Maybe it's just me...........
It probably is just you.I bracket raced steady from 1978 to 1993 and there were quite a few incedents when the classes were changed to Super going to low 7s against high 12 sec cars.Also Pro from low 9s to 13.99 I think.
BTW if you've seen the CJ in question in person I'm sure your opinion would be a bit different.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #38
lstanford

Liked 133 Times in 30 Posts

[QUOTE=Ed Fernandez;188464]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FECARMAN View Post

It probably is just you.I bracket raced steady from 1978 to 1993 and there were quite a few incedents when the classes were changed to Super going to low 7s against high 12 sec cars.Also Pro from low 9s to 13.99 I think.
BTW if you've seen the CJ in question in person I'm sure your opinion would be a bit different.
I have seen the CJ's numerous times at the high end. I'm still betting on the meteor. We all have an opinion. By the way safety has changed a lot since 1978, especially tires, brakes,suspension and roll cages. I don't believe there is anything to compare between 1978 and 2010 that would be remotely close. Who would have gone 6.0's on narrow tires in 1978 or 1993. MY roll cage will not protect you but my tires, brakes and suspension surely will when you are in the slower car.
lstanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #39
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

At 140mph things happen really fast and those lanes swap postions damned quickly. Just think how fast you can travel that 40' between the two cars if your running 30 mph faster than to other lane.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #40
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: Aa/s stock (?) mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer9911 View Post
X-Techman, did you once live in Charles County MD and work at Indian Head?
Yepper....then I got smart and moved out of that Dem. state that taxed me to death.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote