HOME MAGAZINE FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT
     
   
   
 
Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
vette1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Richwood WV
Posts: 66
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default OLD Modified Corvettes

Looking for old modified or super stock corvettes????Tim Freeman ,Bobby Cunningham , Doyle Evans ,Jimmy Hickman ,Dennis Ramey , Ben Tremmell ,Kenny Melton ,Bob Camp ,Bill Pucket ,Fred White The list could go on and on . If you have any info it would be very helpful Thank you
vette1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
Michael Kilduff
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Carolina Beach, NC
Posts: 281
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: OLD Modified Corvettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette1 View Post
Looking for old modified or super stock corvettes????Tim Freeman ,Bobby Cunningham , Doyle Evans ,Jimmy Hickman ,Dennis Ramey , Ben Tremmell ,Kenny Melton ,Bob Camp ,Bill Pucket ,Fred White The list could go on and on . If you have any info it would be very helpful Thank you
Dane Pearson had his 1966 SS/DM at Charlotte a few weeks ago, first time I have seen him out with it in 10 years or more...looks just like it did back then. 280 cid with a Liberty. I think I heard Wayne Allison may be bringing his back out too. I'm friends with Doyle, just talked with him last tbursday as I showed him the last issue of ND which had a nice feature article on Dane and his Corvette. Doyle still has his SS/DM Vette, I think it is set up as a GT for now but he will be back in SS/DM with a 5 speed eventually. I'm sure he will be in this thread before too long, lol.
__________________
IHRA STK 932 O/SA
Michael Kilduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Stephen & Horace Johnson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 860
Likes: 8
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: OLD Modified Corvettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Kilduff View Post
Dane Pearson had his 1966 SS/DM at Charlotte a few weeks ago, first time I have seen him out with it in 10 years or more...looks just like it did back then. 280 cid with a Liberty. I think I heard Wayne Allison may be bringing his back out too. I'm friends with Doyle, just talked with him last tbursday as I showed him the last issue of ND which had a nice feature article on Dane and his Corvette. Doyle still has his SS/DM Vette, I think it is set up as a GT for now but he will be back in SS/DM with a 5 speed eventually. I'm sure he will be in this thread before too long, lol.


Pearson was at the at commerce back in may...dad and i talked to him for a long time..he is a really nice guy
__________________
Stephen Johnson #2162
Horace Johnson #2167
SS/D 427 Ford Fairlane NHRA-IHRA
Stephen & Horace Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
Mike Carr
VIP Member
 
Mike Carr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Enon Valley PA
Posts: 1,595
Likes: 40
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr
Default Re: OLD Modified Corvettes



Old car, but new photo. Robert Brinkman's SS/CM, taken at our race at Hagerstown MD November 2011. On Facebook, Lee Montgomery wrote: "That's the corvette that Jerry Coley and i raced back in the late 70's and early 80's. looks like Bob has taking good care of it."
__________________
Mike Carr, Tri-State S/SS Association President
Looking for 2015 S/SS Race Sponsors Contact me if interested
buffdaddy_1302@hotmail.com (724) 510-5912
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #5
Wade Mahaffey
Senior Member
 
Wade Mahaffey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 576
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: OLD Modified Corvettes

Are you looking for photos of the cars, or looking to buy a car, or doing something about the history of these cars? There are a few Facebook pages with reference to these cars. Try these out, but if you want photos I have a file with a bunch taken from different places on the web

Ihra-Nhra VETTES-Modifieds -Gassers ONLY !!!!

Stock/super STOCK Corvettes.

Wade Mahaffey
Wade Mahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
Doyle Evans
Member
 
Doyle Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 138
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: OLD Modified Corvettes

Hey vette1 and Mike,

Thanks for the PR.

Just FYI, if anyone is wanting to bring gas and modified back, count me in.
Not sure that was the question, but I'm sure there are many more like me.

If you're wanting any info or pictures let me know.

Remember the song by Justin Timberlake, "I'm bringing sexy back"
That would be modified eliminator.

Thanks again.
Doyle Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #7
FrankChastain
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trussville, Alabama-Originally from Vidalia,GA
Posts: 645
Likes: 6
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: OLD Modified Corvettes

You guys don’t forget Bob Callahan’s Vette.....Frank
FrankChastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #8
Ebern Watson
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rose Hill, NC
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: OLD Modified Corvettes

I throw my hat in the ring for bring back "gas and modifieds" ...the best competition our North Carolina tracks have ever had that had rules ( handicapped/cubic inch/weight)that everyone could meet, afford and be competitive
Ebern Watson The Super Rooster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle Evans View Post
Hey vette1 and Mike,

Thanks for the PR.

Just FYI, if anyone is wanting to bring gas and modified back, count me in.
Not sure that was the question, but I'm sure there are many more like me.

If you're wanting any info or pictures let me know.

Remember the song by Justin Timberlake, "I'm bringing sexy back"
That would be modified eliminator.

Thanks again.
Ebern Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #9
Tom Goldman
VIP Member
 
Tom Goldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Allentown,PA
Posts: 2,126
Likes: 21
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Talking Re: OLD Modified Corvettes

Bring back Modified/ Gas ,but dry hops MUST be mandatory !
__________________
Tom Goldman 1500 SG , 1506 STK
Tom Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:36 AM   #10
FrankChastain
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trussville, Alabama-Originally from Vidalia,GA
Posts: 645
Likes: 6
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: OLD Modified Corvettes

X2...Those were the days along with SS....Frank


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Goldman View Post
Bring back Modified/ Gas ,but dry hops MUST be mandatory !
FrankChastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.Ad Management plugin by RedTyger