HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-14-2016, 07:05 PM   #121
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,456 Times in 1,957 Posts
Default Re: TruSTART looks to level the playing field.

MJ you missed the diving trunks, they were a boys size 7.

Class racing is heads-up, the elimination part of it is kind of a filler but its still fun. If I go red I loose its how its played. If its not your cup of tea, try something else.

Tell Fred happy birthday for me.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:35 PM   #122
goinbroke2

Liked 174 Times in 60 Posts

But since there IS the "elimination part".........it should be fair to all.
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:02 PM   #123
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 655 Times in 255 Posts

Here's a question. When any of you guys or gals race in a heads up round (car in the same class as you) and both red light do you allow the worst red light to be the loser? I already know what the answer is but wondering why worst light is a excepted way of winning. As some of you guys say It's a performance based class and red lights should be disallowed by your thought process. It's ok to win in a heads up by worst red light but not wanted when using shoe polish. Sounds like some of you get your cake and eat it to

Last edited by Jeff Stout; 02-14-2016 at 09:09 PM. Reason: more
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:12 PM   #124
Pvt Parts

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Keener View Post
I totally agree with both points you made in your post. In fact I just took severe heat in the roller lifter issue in stock thread and was practically blamed for all of the parts that became approved along the way for the 396/375- as if 401 head aluminum head, roller rockers, unlimited cam duration, any valve spring configuration, etc., were issues that I had something to do with- when I had absolutely nothing to do with any of it.

Like you I just use the parts allowed by the rules and have never given or been asked by anyone at NHRA for my opinion. They make the rules and he rest of us follow them. Now back to the thread.

True start may have a place in bracket racing but NHRA Stock and SS Eliminators is not the venue for it in my opinion.

I doubt that you are ever going to see it implemented in Stock, Super Stock or Comp. NHRA is driven by sponsors and money. Chrysler, GM and Ford want their fast cars at the top with every advantage to win. Money talks, it ain't gonna happen. Look at NHRA, their past relationship with Chrysler and the Hemi cars. Enough said.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:15 PM   #125
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,869 Times in 641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stout View Post
Here's a question. When any of you guys or gals race in a heads up round (car in the same class as you) and both red light do you allow the worst red light to be the loser? I already know what the answer is but wondering why worst light is a excepted way of winning. As some of you guys say It's a performance based class and red lights should be disallowed by your thought process. It's ok to win in a heads up by worst red light but not wanted when using shoe polish. Sounds like some of you get your cake and eat it to
Good point but technically worst in this case would also be the first redlight.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:19 PM   #126
Pvt Parts

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stout View Post
Agreed!! Crybabies who knew the rules when they signed on but now want them changed. Grow up, man up and go to work. If you don't like where you are, build a car in a class with a better advantage.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:36 PM   #127
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts

Hi,

The issue isn't a fast car vs. a slow car.....

It's a faster car racing a slower car....

Such as V/S vs. V/SA.....

I wonder how some of your justifications work now???????

It looks like that overpowered V/S car will have to face traction problems, not a clean tree, blah, blah, blah.....

I believe that the statement "There's none so blind as those who will not see" is true.....

Blah, blah, blah.............

Bob

PS:
I meant no disrespect to V/S & V/SA owners, drivers or crew. I was just trying to make a point

Last edited by Bob Mulry; 02-15-2016 at 03:10 AM. Reason: PC
Bob Mulry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:51 PM   #128
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,623 Times in 1,291 Posts

The title of the Thread says it all. Level the playing field...Why is it that the FAST cars want all the advantages ?? And now We are crybabys ??

Last edited by MR DERBY CITY; 02-14-2016 at 09:59 PM.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:23 PM   #129
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 655 Times in 255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt Parts View Post
Agreed!! Crybabies who knew the rules when they signed on but now want them changed. Grow up, man up and go to work. If you don't like where you are, build a car in a class with a better advantage.
I think I'll work harder on getting true start adopted. It's easier and cheaper then building a faster class car. Off to work I go.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:30 PM   #130
Dave Noll

Liked 219 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt Parts View Post
No, No , No. Thats not it @ all. Yeah I knew the rules when I started & continued in this. I AM working on my combo. The opportunity to IMPROVE the existing sytem has been presented, and I would be in favor of it. I'm not marching in the streets, threatening to sue or whining up a storm. I just came in from the Garage. The car I have and the class I'm in is the quickest that I have the ability to support. And I like it.