HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech

Old 05-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #11
sc180b

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sewer smell while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIAPERMAN View Post
The shower is grey water and stool is black tank I think I found problem access panle in bathroom there is a releif valve that runs in the side top of black water tank the one-way valve on it is bad but Fleetwood dose not show on parts list
What is on the nontank side of the relief valve? Is the relief valve threaded into tank or is part of the tank? Is the odor in the bath room or in the front area of coach?
sc180b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:52 AM   #12
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 685 Times in 131 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Talking Re: Sewer smell while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
i am having the same issue. When I flush the toilet when the air conditioner is running I get a foul smell. Seems to be only when the A/C is on.
Hey Mike, quit pooping in the A/C unit! Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:07 AM   #13
DIAPERMAN

Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts

1/2 inch line comes out of the side top of the black tank and runs up in wall the line that goes out of valve I dont know where it goes smell comes up front when driving ,but it is in bath area also any ideas
DIAPERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #14
sc180b

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIAPERMAN View Post
1/2 inch line comes out of the side top of the black tank and runs up in wall the line that goes out of valve I dont know where it goes smell comes up front when driving ,but it is in bath area also any ideas
Make sure both black and gray water tank vents are open, you can run water down both vents with a garden hose from the roof. Check under the kitchen sink there should be a syphon style vent that comes off the top of the drainline. In my coach it is stuck way back in the corner and hard to see. These vents have a spring and flapper in them and they can stick in the open position. Not sure what the 1/2" line would go to, and the valve in that line is most likely a check valve to keep odors from coming out when line is empty. This line is most likely an overflow from something not in use all the time.
sc180b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #15
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 652 Times in 252 Posts

If you have a wash machine it also has a j-bend trap that goes dry from sitting. It has a trap door on the outside of motorhome behind washer and I would have to fill with water at entrance where hose empties into
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #16
DIAPERMAN

Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts
Talking Re: Sewer smell while driving

it does have a washer I will check that thanks
DIAPERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #17
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 279 Times in 149 Posts

I'm definately not an expert on RV stuff but from my experience with both a motorhome and a RV trailer the thing I found out is periodically ya hafta go thru and check all the plumbing connections and joints cuz with all the vibration and tweaking/stretching/bouncing/gyrations and all these things go thru going down the road things just have a way of loosening up-drain pipes/water line connections/vents etc. and not just the plumbing stuff but wiring cables and connectors too/door latches etc---another thing is after ya have winterized one to get it road ready ya hafta go and put water (about a bucket full) down all the drains/toilets/showers etc to get some water in the traps to stop the sewer gas from coming back up the drain pipes--
Now if you have sewer smell it proboably is coming from the black water area not the gray water area cuz soapy water(which is the gray water) just does not smell like sewerage---the toilet flushes DIRECTLY into the black water tank NEVER ever going into a gray water tank---the gray water tank eventually reaches a certain capacity and then overflows into the black tank,,at least this is what I have been led to believe--- so either your gray tank is not storing water and IS draining directly into the black tank thus allowing sewer gas to seep back thru the drains or the traps are not full of water---there is also some chemicals ya can dump drown the drains to help with any odors(smell) that ya might get--Best bet is to check all your fittings/put some water in the drains to seal the traps and if all else fails go to an RV service center walk into the back door into the shop and ask who is really good/knowledgeable about this kind of problem talk to the guru tech about your problem & see what he suggests/thinks it might be could just be something simple you are overlooking
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote