HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Can-Am Stock Super Stock Series

Old 01-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #1
Wisman Racing

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Trustart

I don't come on here nearly as much any more. But looks like everyone else is having a trustart debate. Where's ours?
Wisman Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:03 PM   #2
Hacksaw

Liked 269 Times in 148 Posts
Default Re: Trustart

Good for et bracket cars. Not for performance minded S/SS racers. I think overall it will hurt class racing. Mostly everyone will become complacent with their combo because there is no incentive to maintain a high level of performance. Why build a better set of headers, order a new convertor or new pair of heads? I'm already going 4 tenth's under and so what if I slip to 3 tenth's under? It don't matter. Wally Parks was a racer and to promote the quicker cars he wanted the first or worst rule. I would be very concerned if I owned a engine business or hi perf parts store.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:58 AM   #3
Wisman Racing

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

That's the only reason to build a fast car?
Wisman Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:21 AM   #4
Hacksaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisman Racing View Post
That's the only reason to build a fast car?
There are several reasons to build a fast car, with fast being a relative term. My point is, without the "luxury" of leaving second, racers will find it unnecessary to maintain or improve their performance level. For example: there are about 10 cars in the series that run approx. mid 10's. I think it would be wise to run low 10's or high 9's to gain a starting line "benefit". If Tru-start is used it means considerably less to have the quicker car and I think overall the performance level will decline because of it.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:37 PM   #5
tj310

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hacksaw I believe your missing the concept of faster car . Super Stock A is faster than U Stock . Spend a lot of time and money to Make your U Stock faster your still leaving first 99.9" of the time ...Trevor
tj310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #6
Hacksaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj310 View Post
Hacksaw I believe your missing the concept of faster car . Super Stock A is faster than U Stock . Spend a lot of time and money to Make your U Stock faster your still leaving first 99.9" of the time ...Trevor
I know what fast is at the drag strip. Running quick relative to a lower letter index - I can appreciate, but anything that hooks in a car wash is not fast in my book.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:41 PM   #7
BOGUS

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BOGUS

Hey guys. This is a debate that no-one will win. Personally, I don't care one way or the other. The slow cars say the fast ones have an advantage. Maybe so based on first-or-worst rule but try consistently hooking an 8:30 car and spotting 2-3 seconds on the tree. And as far as slowing down the car to be more competitive, my ego would have no part of that, and I'm guessing the majority of Stock/Super-Stock guys feel the same. Our car has won and lost on both sides of this argument. Me, I just want to go racing! Bob.
BOGUS is offline   Reply With Quote