HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 02-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #101
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 380 Times in 180 Posts
Default Re: Ken Keir wheelie bars

it's the year 2012, .8 tenths under is EASY. I've got the knowledge, I got the coin and I've got numerous friends running that and quicker a few that I've helped along the way.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #102
Andrew Hill

Liked 170 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
hey steve, without any great effort I could build a .8 tenths under stocker, all it takes is $ but for what, to be sent to park out in a muddy field a 1/2 mile away, to fail fuel check after buying my fuel earlier that day, to be bounce for some minor rules infraction, to sit and what for days to get 1 time shot, to run 1st thing in the morning on a damp track or late at night with dew so heavy you need windshield wipers, to be filler at a national event ready at a moments notice or they'll run without you, to race for peanuts, to chase down contingency sponsors for my $?

No thanks, I'll pass
Why are you in the S/SS section if you hate it so much?

Btw, we don't race to the 60 ft. clocks
Old 02-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #103
1320racer
VIP Member

it's about the cars not the venue and I'm not knocking anyone doing it as I have many friends that do, just makes no sense to me and most of them agree with me.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #104
Signman

Liked 198 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Frank, what part of keeping this thread productive about Ken's wheelie bar didn't you understand?

I took the high road in replying to your earlier post, thinking perhaps you just got caught up in the moment of reading this thread, feeling compelled to add your 2 cents, a lapse in good judgement but now it's obvious that's not the case so my response now not so high.

No one asked for your opinion of my former Chevelle nor me and who are you to say who's advice and who's car is relevant to a discussion as well what threads should be deleted?

Your comments suggest that you think you're now above bracket racing, that what you do now special and what you drive special. News flash Frank it ain't and you ain't, you're still a bracket racer and your stocker that runs what .5 tenths under is barely competitive no mind it's performance impressive least of which does it need a wheelie bar.

You see Frank class racing requires great effort as well "great expense" now more so than ever. You have to spend money, lots of money to be competitive especially in division 1 and it's clear you ain't!
Ed
Why be so predictable. Every thread you enter turns into the same almost exact responses.
You're bigger faster stronger smarter have more money can do it better faster for bla bla bla boring!!!!
But getting you to respond negatively with personal attacks that are meaningless! Classic!

If you got the nickel call the man in PA send him a big check and see you in the lanes. As I stated it is a whole different game.

The red and silver Camaro was built from a street car by me. No chassis shop. Built the engine and trans with help from friends. Went out the first season and went 90 under won a race and finished in the top 10 in division 1.
That my friend is an accomplishment!!!

Flame on!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #105
1320racer
VIP Member

we obviously ain't friends and all that matter is you think so Frank and you and many others would like to think it's a whole different game but it's not!

so what part of the truth and the facts don't you like.

Last edited by 1320racer; 02-28-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #106
Dave Ficacci

Liked 78 Times in 17 Posts

There are a few cars in D1 that work very well with Ken's bar. Give Ken a call.

BTW - Just because it says 1.28 on the time slip, doesn't mean your front tire is what tripped the 60' clock beam.
Dave Ficacci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #107
FINESPLINE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Gentleman, Don't you both realize you are coming to the track for different reasons. Both of you know what you are doing but are involved for different reasons- for different personal goals and both enjoy what you do. It really is not worth fighting about considering what each gets out of it. Just my 2 cents.
FINESPLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #108
Steve Hayward

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
it's the year 2012, .8 tenths under is EASY. I've got the knowledge, I got the coin and I've got numerous friends running that and quicker a few that I've helped along the way.

That does not answer the question.................. Lets hear it.

What would you build?? and what specs????
Steve Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #109
Signman

Liked 198 Times in 73 Posts
Unhappy Re: Ken Keir wheelie bars

Quote:
we obviously ain't friends and all that matter is you think so Frank and you and many others would like to think it's a whole different game but it's not!

so what part of the truth and the facts don't you like.
Apparently we all have some problems with facts.
There's not much doubt as to your acomplishments as you have posted them all over the Internet. No doubt that some of what you did with your 69 is impressive. And I have in person complimented you.
What is disheartening is that in person you are nothing like the persona you project and have projected for years. I myself have defended you with some fairly prominent people in the racing industry. You are a condescending horses behind on the Internet.

Ed I used to feel as you that there is little difference between bracket racing and stock super stock racing. Have found with five years under my belt that it is assumption that is only partially true.

In qualifying with a fast car for its class you can position yourself on the ladder where you feel is best. It is an art and some play the ladder quite well.
The eliminator is mostly a braket race unless the ladder hands you a heads up. Most racers have a consistent combination they run during the eliminator then have a few changes that speed the car up in some cases considerably. But because everybody pays attention to everybody the really fast guys who are well seasoned only show enough to win. Therefore avoiding the AHFS. Go too fast and the horsepower gods can make your combination uncompetitive.
Then we come to combinations choosing and protecting.
These are well known facts in the S/SS world that we all live with.

As far as Mr. Keir wheelly bar. It is a fine piece of engineering. What many racers have found is leaving hard is faster a big wheel stand is fun and puts on a great show but not necessarily fast and can get ugly. With an adjustable wheelly bar it can be used to allow the car to leave hard moving forward not up. It can as you state be done with shocks and weight but there are reasons the fast guys are fast and those facts unfold with time and testing.
As far as my program one of the fastest who run my combination in the world gave me some sage advice. "You can only get so much out of testing and innovation". Taken as a compliment as I do have a tendency to think outside the box and flog it.
But more significant was "you have to open you wallet".
Now just building a competitive class car no matter how you approach it is a pile of money filling a hole in the pavement. It is another pile to obtain a good power plant and drivetrain.
So as you, I have no trouble with facts. Some guys don't care about loosing a few heads ups. Others think not having a fighting chance blocks the way to the final. Rest assured I feel the latter.
Hope these facts work for you!
Open your wallet. The man in PA will build you the fastest peice in the country just send him some checks and wait a year or so.

This is a nice distraction from making the money to dump in that hole.

See you in the lanes.

Last edited by Signman; 02-29-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Signman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #110
1320racer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signman View Post
What is disheartening is that in person you are nothing like the persona you project and have projected for years. I myself have defended you with some fairly prominent people in the racing industry. You are a condescending horses behind on the Internet.
my "persona" is in response to those like you that don't have the balls to voice their unsolicited opinion about my ride and me to my face. Much easier to do banging away on a keyboard sitting in front of a monitor. Attempt to do it to my face and you'll find my persona is far nicer than I'm going to be and please don't defend my words on the net to those you hold in high regard, I didn't do the same when speaking with two stock racers last night both who said you're weird and your car is a turd. Further, several well known manufacturers and suppliers to the racing industry have told me they agree with many of my posts, that I say what they can't online..

I'm done, save your reply for when you see me in the lanes.

Last edited by 1320racer; 02-29-2012 at 07:44 AM.