HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #91
Signman

Liked 199 Times in 74 Posts
Default Re: Ken Keir wheelie bars

These guys are battling an old battle fought on many message boards that just won't go away. Ken should delete these threads when they start. The offenders will go away.

For what it was that red chevelle was pretty cool. It did put on a good show and lit some lamps. The car was no stocker. It was stock chassis but the engine was a bracket piece. My foot brake chevelle was built with old style stocker ideas for no where near the money and is deadly consistent, no maintenance, and lit a few lamps for sure. Does it belong in a discussion on this message board? NO.

Ed comes to these discussions offering his experience. Much of what he has to offer came at great expense. Was witness to many of his trials. He and I had a short discussion in the lanes at the bracket finals a few years back and we agreed that "There's more than one way to skin a cat." Ed is also a self promoter which is what much of the controversy is all about.

Ed will get more respect when he puts a serious Super Stock combination in the Bird and comes to play with the big boys on the regional and national scene. It is a different ball game.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #92
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 400 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signman View Post
For what it was that red chevelle was pretty cool. It did put on a good show and lit some lamps. Ed comes to these discussions offering his experience. Much of what he has to offer came at great expense. Was witness to many of his trials. He and I had a short discussion in the lanes at the bracket finals a few years back and we agreed that "There's more than one way to skin a cat." Ed is also a self promoter which is what much of the controversy is all about.

Ed will get more respect when he puts a serious Super Stock combination in the Bird and comes to play with the big boys on the regional and national scene. It is a different ball game.
Frank, thanks for your comments though I disagree about the self promoter being that I don't make my living in the industry and I'm not selling anything.

As to the "more respect" comment I could care less what somebody sitting behind a monitor that doesn't know me nor has seen my cars run thinks. I have NO intention of ever fielding a super stock combo, makes no financial sense.

With the cost to field a new super stocker at 150 large, the travel, time off from work and the pennies for payout, you won't see me anytime soon.

Besides, stock and super stock is still bracket racing and the best at the game are current/former bracket racers!

I'll continue to bracket race, running for $1k every week as well competing in numerous big $ footbrake races throughout the season that pay $5k, $10K and $20K to win!

Last edited by 1320racer; 02-28-2012 at 12:34 PM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #93
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

How to win friends and influence people, was the title of a book.......

Now you've gone and done it Ed......!

"With the cost to field a new super stocker at 150 large, the travel, time off from work and the pennies for payout, you won't see me anytime soon."

"Besides, stock and super stock is still bracket racing and the best at the game are current/former bracket racers!"

Making statements like this could get you burned at the stake......LOL

P.S. I built the engines that were in the red Chevelle...

P.S. 2 The B/SA Firebird I drove last year a little 60footed @ 1.29 and ran 10.53 at 124+ last October.......and no it does not weigh 3800lbs.....

P.S. 3 I think it will be faster this coming year......a couple tenths hopefully....should make it a pretty competetive ride for whoever is behind the wheel......

Me and Ed are good friends......and he likes to stir the pot......

Last edited by Rich Biebel; 02-28-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Rich Biebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #94
1320racer
VIP Member

Rich, if I'm guilty of anything it's speaking the truth and not being politically correct and some that post on these forums can't handle either.

That said, you did NOT 60 foot 1.29 with Larry's stocker because some guy hiding behind a screen name says it can't happen.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #95
FINESPLINE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

All are good points. The bottom line is the investment versus the return (maybe). I like Ed's view. !
FINESPLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #96
Signman

Liked 199 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
As to the "more respect" comment I could care less what somebody sitting behind a monitor that doesn't know me nor has seen my cars run thinks. I have NO intention of ever fielding a super stock combo, makes no financial sense.

With the cost to field a new super stocker at 150 large, the travel, time off from work and the pennies for payout, you won't see me anytime soon.
Then back up on the porch.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #97
1320racer
VIP Member

Frank, what part of keeping this thread productive about Ken's wheelie bar didn't you understand?

I took the high road in replying to your earlier post, thinking perhaps you just got caught up in the moment of reading this thread, feeling compelled to add your 2 cents, a lapse in good judgement but now it's obvious that's not the case so my response now not so high.

No one asked for your opinion of my former Chevelle nor me and who are you to say who's advice and who's car is relevant to a discussion as well what threads should be deleted?

Your comments suggest that you think you're now above bracket racing, that what you do now special and what you drive special. News flash Frank it ain't and you ain't, you're still a bracket racer and your stocker that runs what .5 tenths under is barely competitive no mind it's performance impressive least of which does it need a wheelie bar.

You see Frank class racing requires great effort as well "great expense" now more so than ever. You have to spend money, lots of money to be competitive especially in division 1 and it's clear you ain't!

Last edited by 1320racer; 02-28-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #98
Steve Hayward

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Frank, I took the high road in replying to your earlier post, now being that you want to continue with your comments, not so high.

No one asked for your opinion of my former Chevelle nor me and who are you to say who's advice and who's car is relevant to a discussion as well what threads should be deleted?

Your comments suggest that you think you're special, what you do now special and what you drive special. News flash Frank it ain't and you ain't, you're still a bracket racer and your stocker that runs what .5 tenths under is barely competitive no mind it's performance impressive least of which does it need a wheelie bar.

You see Frank class racing requires great effort as well "great expense" now more so than ever. You have to spend money, lots of money to be competitive especially in division 1 and it's clear you ain't!

Ed.................. Your always comparing your cars to Stockers????? Ed.... roller cams, aftermarket intakes, DP Holleys, stroker cranks, aftermarket heads and any piston you choose do not make a Stocker. Why do you try to compare????

Frank Does have a Stocker..... runs .4 under...... that's further under than anything you have ever built...........

You have always sounded like a wannabe Class racer............
Steve Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #99
1320racer
VIP Member

hey steve, without any great effort I could build a .8 tenths under stocker, all it takes is $ but for what, to be sent to park out in a muddy field a 1/2 mile away, to fail fuel check after buying my fuel earlier that day, to be bounce for some minor rules infraction, to sit and what for days to get 1 time shot, to run 1st thing in the morning on a damp track or late at night with dew so heavy you need windshield wipers, to be filler at a national event ready at a moments notice or they'll run without you, to race for peanuts, to chase down contingency sponsors for my $?

No thanks, I'll pass

Last edited by 1320racer; 02-28-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #100
Steve Hayward

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
hey steve, without any great effort I could build a .8 tenths under stocker!
Ok Lets hear it??? Lets hear your build........ Does not cost you a cent to put it on a computer screen............
Steve Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote