HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-14-2018, 11:56 AM   #11
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: Why is Ford getting out of building sedans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Who cares !
I don't. It shows where the interest lies......NOT with Ford.......
Old 05-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #12
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

The Fusion is a nice car, but there isn't a lot of demand for it worldwide. It's a small SUV type vehicle in Europe and isn't sold in China. F Series trucks outsold it something like 4-1 in 2017. There's a high performance Focus on the way and the Mustang will move up to the NASCAR cup series next year to replace the Fusion. I think the Fusion body would make a nice SS/GT conversion car.

I don't know who really makes it, but there is a street Cadillac out at the track running in the 11s.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #13
Jim Caughlin

Liked 693 Times in 208 Posts

A 4door is not legal for SS/GT. Not that it applies here but a 2 door has to have been originally available with at least a V6 or it is not legal either. Also not that it applies but SS/GT repl drivetrains need to be a V8 combo only, no V6 or 4 cylinder combo are allowed.
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #14
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lattimore View Post
Terry -- You been hangin around with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemon too long . ------ And why the he!! did you let that black phord go . 427 390 ? 2dr. 4dr ? Pictures ?
Hi Dan...That was long before I move down to Fla. I bought it from Dickie Estivez. It was a fast back two door bench seat Galaxy . I had a brain fart I guess. Wished I still had it. It was a 390 Police Interceptor with solid lifters. It was like new. Getting rid of it is just one of those things I wished I had never done like getting married and having kids....LOL. Back then it was just a car and only paid Dickie around $9500 for it in the middle 1990's. I have a cpl. of pictures but I'm not sure if I can post them ? I will try.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:38 PM   #15
rawhide

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSale View Post
The Fusion is a nice car, but there isn't a lot of demand for it worldwide. It's a small SUV type vehicle in Europe and isn't sold in China. F Series trucks outsold it something like 4-1 in 2017. There's a high performance Focus on the way and the Mustang will move up to the NASCAR cup series next year to replace the Fusion. I think the Fusion body would make a nice SS/GT conversion car.

I don't know who really makes it, but there is a street Cadillac out at the track running in the 11s.
The Fusion is known as the Mondeo other than in North America and they sold about 200,000 units in 2017. That with NA sales makes about 400,000 plus sales for the car.

Roland
rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:18 PM   #16
Dan Lattimore

Liked 158 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Hi Dan...That was long before I move down to Fla. I bought it from Dickie Estivez. It was a fast back two door bench seat Galaxy . I had a brain fart I guess. Wished I still had it. It was a 390 Police Interceptor with solid lifters. It was like new. Getting rid of it is just one of those things I wished I had never done like getting married and having kids....LOL. Back then it was just a car and only paid Dickie around $9500 for it in the middle 1990's. I have a cpl. of pictures but I'm not sure if I can post them ? I will try.
Sounds like something Dickie would have . You're right , they were just cars at the time. Like everybody else I wish I had em all back . Unbelievable the cool cars I had and took for granted.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:31 PM   #17
D.Johns

Liked 17 Times in 6 Posts

“Why did Ford get out of building sedans?”

Is what the next CEO will be asking when they are pulled in from another company to save the big blue oval once again.

It nearly did not recover Jacques Nasser house of Brands that was a huge miss step.

I miss Mulally
2014 Cobra Jet FS/XX #3345 STK/SS

Like us on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel...25886327426822
D.Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:53 PM   #18
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawhide View Post
The Fusion is known as the Mondeo other than in North America and they sold about 200,000 units in 2017. That with NA sales makes about 400,000 plus sales for the car.

Roland
Thanks. I looked for variants sold/made overseas but missed that.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:26 AM   #19
bigcam

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

D. Johns, as a sizeable stock holder, former LM dealer and, current Expy and Mustang owner; YOU HIT THE TARGET. Current management is weak. Bench don't look too good either! I really miss Alan.
bigcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:14 AM   #20
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,705 Times in 853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Johns View Post
“Why did Ford get out of building sedans?”

Is what the next CEO will be asking when they are pulled in from another company to save the big blue oval once again.

It nearly did not recover Jacques Nasser house of Brands that was a huge miss step.

I miss Mulally
Actually worked for Mulally at Boeing (granted, a few ‘notches’ below him) and what a great leader. We knew he would right the ship and that’s exactly what he accomplished. Many of the ills suffered by any organization (NHRA is one prime example) is often self-inflicted by the lack of leaders with energy and vision. They also don’t marginalize any of their constituents. Think Ford has made a grave error here relative to their US market.

Last edited by jmcarter; 05-15-2018 at 09:17 AM.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote