HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 11-23-2020, 12:01 PM   #11
Capri

Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: Strange Engineering

We have been using, and retailing Strange stuff probably before I was born. Bob and Jeff always did everything to get us Sportsman racers what we needed in a timely manner. If there are ever unknown issues these days, JC Cascio is the guy who needs to know whats going on. jc@strangeengineering.net or 847-470-6569 Hope he doesnt wanna kill me for posting that information............. but I know how them people are very well. If they dont have Edwin and the same crew working now, then I can about guarentee JC will kick them into shape, and fast.

Even though Dad isnt with us, I can still help any racer who needs to get something ordered through them. Lyn, you have a PM.

Tony
Capri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:45 PM   #12
Carl Siwek Jr

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts

I placed an online order with them for brakes last night and had a shipping confirmation around noon today.
Liked
Old 11-23-2020, 05:54 PM   #13
Stan Weiss

Liked 544 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Siwek Jr View Post
I placed an online order with them for brakes last night and had a shipping confirmation around noon today.

Carl,
Back in the '70s when there was a K&G across from Burholme Park did you use to come in there?

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:55 PM   #14
Carl Siwek Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Carl,
Back in the '70s when there was a K&G across from Burholme Park did you use to come in there?

Stan
My grandfather did.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #15
Stan Weiss

Liked 544 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Siwek Jr View Post
My grandfather did.

Carl,
I know I am no youngster but that makes me feel really old. lol Does he still enjoy the races?

Thanks,
Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:54 PM   #16
Henrys Toy

Liked 451 Times in 155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gullett View Post
Mark Williams is the best.
Mark Williams is the BEST!
I know a little pricey, but you will be very happy with the products when you install them and they are in the race car for years!
If you order axel's from them, you should get three - two for the car and one for your mantle.
Henrys Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-24-2020, 01:13 PM   #17
Alan Nyhus
VIP Member

Liked 761 Times in 225 Posts

I've had nothing but great service from Strange,,,,even helped source bearings for a set of old Summer Brothers axles. -Al
Old 11-24-2020, 06:45 PM   #18
Carl Siwek Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Carl,
I know I am no youngster but that makes me feel really old. lol Does he still enjoy the races?

Thanks,
Stan
Yes. We just picked up a stocker. We will be out racing next season.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:14 AM   #19
Dragsinger
VIP Member

Liked 99 Times in 60 Posts

Some Wednesday morning thoughts in ref to service and products.

Personal service is well noted with me because of being a business owner and customer. With any business transaction, I notice the service I receive. A pleasant, polite, respectful experience is always my desire, and when received, itis muchly appreciated. The thing is, if I do not pay attention, I can easily slip into my "entitlement" mode. I can easily think I am important; after all, I owned and operated a successful business for 48 years, civically active, a board trustee for Kilgore College, and have earned respect from my peers. [tonge in cheek]

On the other hand, I consider the product I am buying. Sometimes I overlook less than ideal service if the product is what I expected.

Think about the other side of the sales counter. Has that person had a stressful customer just before you? Has the salesperson had to deal with a rude customer who did not know what he wanted? Does the salesperson have a sick child or spouse?

In my mature years, I have learned to be more tolerant of things. I do not like poor service, but it seems a business transaction that can focus on the complete transaction if you are pleased with the product.

In summary, after having ordered, installed, raced, and sold Strange products for 30 + years, I remain happy and remain a loyal customer.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:09 PM   #20
Jim Caughlin

Liked 693 Times in 208 Posts
Post Re: Strange Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragsinger View Post
Some Wednesday morning thoughts in ref to service and products.

Personal service is well noted with me because of being a business owner and customer. With any business transaction, I notice the service I receive. A pleasant, polite, respectful experience is always my desire, and when received, itis muchly appreciated. The thing is, if I do not pay attention, I can easily slip into my "entitlement" mode. I can easily think I am important; after all, I owned and operated a successful business for 48 years, civically active, a board trustee for Kilgore College, and have earned respect from my peers. [tonge in cheek]

On the other hand, I consider the product I am buying. Sometimes I overlook less than ideal service if the product is what I expected.

Think about the other side of the sales counter. Has that person had a stressful customer just before you? Has the salesperson had to deal with a rude customer who did not know what he wanted? Does the salesperson have a sick child or spouse?

In my mature years, I have learned to be more tolerant of things. I do not like poor service, but it seems a business transaction that can focus on the complete transaction if you are pleased with the product.

In summary, after having ordered, installed, raced, and sold Strange products for 30 + years, I remain happy and remain a loyal customer.
OK, I'll bite. First off, I have no issue with products from Strange, over the years I have made numerous purchases from them for shocks, struts, 3rd members, axles, brakes and more. My issue specifically is their customer service specifically over the phone. This is not the first time I have got off the phone pissed off at the way I was treated by their customer service, I had the exact same experience with them last year but here is my most recent experience. I noticed that Strange was having a sale over the next few days so decided to purchase some parts for an upcoming project. Among other items I needed a set of the long stroke FWD conversion struts. I wanted to duplicate exactly what I had previously purchased from them which deviates from their normal package and, as I couldn't seem to get their online contact to work, I called instead. What I needed was to substitute the medium brake package for the heavy duty units, I needed a lighter spring than was listed and I needed the struts revalved. Initially, he told me that this couldn't be done, I told him that they had done this for me in the past and I could send him a photo to prove it. He then recalculated the price which resulted in a higher price than the list price on their website. I asked how it would cost more to put the heavy duty brake parts back on the shelf and give me a less expensive part. I figured so be it, go ahead and shut up and proceed with the order. I then asked how I proceed with the order as I was not able to get their online order form to work (it didn't work for me last year either), if nothing else give me an email address and I will outline the specifics. He said I can't have the discount unless I order it online. At this point, I'm getting pissed. First off you tell me that I apparently don't have the struts that I do have, then you want to charge me more for a less expensive part, lastly you tell me that I can't have the sale price because your website doesn't work properly.

And after all this you want to imply that I have an attitude?
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked