HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-12-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
Gary Merrick

Liked 196 Times in 27 Posts
Default Racers helping Racers

I know this subject has come up before, but I would be remiss if I didn't bring it up today.

On Monday, we were traveling in our motorhome to Foxboro, Mass for a a family gathering. Less than half way into the ten hour drive, I heard a very unpleasant squealing, screeching, metal on metal noise coming from the engine compartment and oh by the way the AC quit working. I could tell that the compressor was eating itself and since this is an 8.1 litre Chevrolet gas engine and has a serpentine belt, I made the decision to keep going til it threw the belt. Much to my surprise it made it the rest of the way to the campground where we had reservations.

Well, this is where the Racer helping a fellow Racer comes in. I knew that Jim Boudreau's automotive shop was not too far, so I called Jim and even though they do not work on these type of vehicles, Jim did not hesitate and said bring it over tomorrow morning and we will get right on it. I got there a little later than planned, but that is another story for another time. Jim had the compressor and a new belt at the shop before I arrived and his guy Ray was on top of it within a couple minutes of my arrival. The motorhome was blowing cold air in less than two hours and I was back on my way to the campground before the engine cooled down.

I wanted to give a Big Shout Out to Jim Boudreau for not only being a GREAT racer but also a GREAT guy for taking care of a fellow racer in his time of need.

We, as racers are very fortunate to belong to a very large fraternity of Good People who look out for their racing brothers. Thanks again Jim Boudreau!!

Gary Merrick
3522 Stock
Gary Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:46 PM   #2
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,592 Times in 1,283 Posts
Default Re: Racers helping Racers

Not sure they get any better than Jim Boudreau .....Love the large American flag outside his shop....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote