HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 07-30-2021, 12:28 PM   #11
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: My take on the Indy schedule

Glad I did my INDY thing a few years ago, the spectacle, pagentry, tech, it all was great

Gray Vs Shaul...wonderful....BUT lets not forget
INDY 2010
A/S. McCormick vs Calvert....THE BEST EVER
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 12:51 PM   #12
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 350 Times in 91 Posts
Angry Re: My take on the Indy schedule

im pretty sure they dont care that they now cancelled the ANNUAL thursday night we passed teardown trip to support our local young ladies at Dancers strip club ....

NHRA we can only stand SO MUCH

captain
Old 07-30-2021, 12:59 PM   #13
SS/GSI

Liked 506 Times in 82 Posts

The "OLD INDY" is definitely gone. Now with the Monday eliminations being cut out of the schedule moving forward. Having our own day/days(Thursday & Friday + Teardown days) for stk/ss class is over. The best case scenario is that the All-Stars gets put back to Chicago or another National Event venue next year and beyond, and we have Class Runoffs for STK & SS on Thursdays. I doubt NHRA would be willing to start us on Tuesday in order to maintain the schedule we have had for the past 65+ years, nor would they concede on working longer days and/or getting rid of exhibition classes to free up the schedule. Its all about the Benjamins now!

Please reach out to Josh Petterson and Ned Walliser at NHRA to voice your concerns/displeasure...all other NHRA personnel cannot be of any assistance on this matter.
Liked
Old 07-30-2021, 01:41 PM   #14
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,596 Times in 371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/GSI View Post
The "OLD INDY" is definitely gone. Now with the Monday eliminations being cut out of the schedule moving forward. Having our own day/days(Thursday & Friday + Teardown days) for stk/ss class is over. The best case scenario is that the All-Stars gets put back to Chicago or another National Event venue next year and beyond, and we have Class Runoffs for STK & SS on Thursdays. I doubt NHRA would be willing to start us on Tuesday in order to maintain the schedule we have had for the past 65+ years, nor would they concede on working longer days and/or getting rid of exhibition classes to free up the schedule. Its all about the Benjamins now!

Please reach out to Josh Petterson and Ned Walliser at NHRA to voice your concerns/displeasure...all other NHRA personnel cannot be of any assistance on this matter.
They DONT CARE.
It’s apparent and Nhra does watch this site.
I was told by an official that
My comments on Class Racer aren’t appreciated your bashing the company I work for
So there you go. We are not the show. We just pay the bills
Old 07-30-2021, 01:56 PM   #15
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,665 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Klein View Post
Glad I did my INDY thing a few years ago, the spectacle, pagentry, tech, it all was great

INDY 2010
Fortunate enough to be on the fence for that A/S run “The best ever” describes it perfectly and while you can loop it on YouTube all day long you’ll never get the full amazement that many of us enjoyed that day. That run plus Glidden getting in one of Cunningham’s Mustangs and almost qualifying on a run that any other driver would have aborted combined to make it the greatest Indy I’ve witnessed and that includes Big shaving his beard after winning or Dyno Don dry hopping his A/FX car behind the line, Wild Willy doing his one handed deal, and so many more I’ve seen since my first Indy. Point being; the traditional Indy format has provided so many memorable moments that demonstrated the PASSION that has always been on display there. Don’t think the current bean counters at NHRA share that passion. To them it’s simply another business that treats its customers and even employees (yes, I’m still pissed about Bloom and Redman and others) as mere tools to keep their bottom line covered and paychecks inflated. That’s not to say I wouldn’t run Indy this year (even though Rink or others will make short work of me in class) because there’s always hope that for a brief moment something might happen that recaptures the passion and thereby keep us hopelessly hooked on The Big Go.
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 02:08 PM   #16
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,190 Times in 589 Posts

It is unfortunate that to most of the NHRA upper staff it's JUST A JOB, nothing more. Yes there are some that love the sport, but they are the minority.

NHRA - - We don't care, we don't have to.

R.I.P. Wally Parks and THANK YOU for starting a great organization that, unfortunately, is not what it used to be, but could be again - with some internal help and passion.
Liked
Old 08-01-2021, 05:48 PM   #17
Chip THELEGEND Johnson

Liked 280 Times in 79 Posts

I don't see the problem it's still INDY. I've never been. It's a BUCKET LIST race for me and maybe one day I can go
Chip THELEGEND Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 08-01-2021, 08:31 PM   #18
Wayne Totaro

Liked 38 Times in 12 Posts

I am glad that I had the opportunity to race at Indy before these changes! Unfortunately I see this as the new norm for National events. At Charlotte we spent a complete day waiting to be pitted and the next morning (Friday) we got two qualifiers and right into the first round of the eliminator. It is a damn shame that NHRA is ruining our hobby!
Old 08-02-2021, 07:28 AM   #19
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Totaro View Post
It is a damn shame that NHRA is ruining our hobby!
It's a damn shame that it was allowed to stop being a "Sport" so that it could become a "hobby"!

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 09:31 AM   #20
Troy Henderson

Liked 105 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Klein View Post

INDY 2010
Since I happened to be in the stands that day, a little something to cheer everyone up.

Troy Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote