Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 07-27-2021, 07:58 PM   #11
Adub464Q

Liked 372 Times in 73 Posts
Default Re: U.S. Nationals schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Dona SS3269 View Post
It says one session class elimination. ThatÂ’s what it was last year
This is how mis-information gets spread. I have talked to multiple NHRA sources.

Indy will be 1 Qualifier and then traditional class eliminations on Wednesday for both Stock and Super Stock. Yes, both classes will run class eliminations on the same day. So that is different than Indy of years past, but certainly better than last years version. In addition, Indy now has the Allstars to stuff into the schedule so lots of things get shifted around, including the Allstars banquet. That will be Wednesday night as well and NHRA is fully aware of class eliminations may run into this banquet time.

In addition, if we want to jump to conclusions, it looks like tear down may be eliminated. It appears to not be any time for tear down, unless they want to do a pre-tear down on Tuesday.

However, no one seemed to notice the fact that they brought back the Monday Parking Day? OF ALL THE COMPLAINING ON THIS SITE THE LAST TWO INDY YEARS ABOUT PARKING, NO ONE WANTS TO MENTION THIS FACT.

You know what is ruining racing...forums and social media. Pick up a phone and call someone to get answers or offer suggestions. Those people at NHRA are not against the racer. I am as critical as anyone against the NHRA and there are certainly improvements to be made on a constant basis. I am on the SRAC for the Super Classes and in general I am in contact with NHRA reps every week discussing different ideas about all things racing related.

Last edited by Adub464Q; 07-27-2021 at 08:01 PM.
Adub464Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:02 PM   #12
TOSTO RACING

Liked 463 Times in 134 Posts

This is how I read it and still think its a joke.
Liked
Old 07-27-2021, 08:17 PM   #13
SaraWalker

Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts

I can confirm class eliminations will be run on Weds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub464Q View Post
This is how mis-information gets spread. I have talked to multiple NHRA sources.

Indy will be 1 Qualifier and then traditional class eliminations on Wednesday for both Stock and Super Stock. Yes, both classes will run class eliminations on the same day. So that is different than Indy of years past, but certainly better than last years version. In addition, Indy now has the Allstars to stuff into the schedule so lots of things get shifted around, including the Allstars banquet. That will be Wednesday night as well and NHRA is fully aware of class eliminations may run into this banquet time.

In addition, if we want to jump to conclusions, it looks like tear down may be eliminated. It appears to not be any time for tear down, unless they want to do a pre-tear down on Tuesday.

However, no one seemed to notice the fact that they brought back the Monday Parking Day? OF ALL THE COMPLAINING ON THIS SITE THE LAST TWO INDY YEARS ABOUT PARKING, NO ONE WANTS TO MENTION THIS FACT.

You know what is ruining racing...forums and social media. Pick up a phone and call someone to get answers or offer suggestions. Those people at NHRA are not against the racer. I am as critical as anyone against the NHRA and there are certainly improvements to be made on a constant basis. I am on the SRAC for the Super Classes and in general I am in contact with NHRA reps every week discussing different ideas about all things racing related.
SaraWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:41 PM   #14
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts

More races with no tech? This is better? Big deal it’s a 5 day race. If things don’t go well for someone, you literally can show up on Wednesday and be going home on Thursday morning. WTF? Why does the Allstars race have to be run at Indy? Who’s idea in the NHRA was this no tech to save time deal? The experience of racing Indy has been watered down. Basically it’s a glorified points race now. Pretty disappointing. But at least the parking situation is better.

Last edited by Todd Hoven; 07-27-2021 at 09:48 PM.
Todd Hoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:49 PM   #15
doglover44
VIP Member

Liked 392 Times in 181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
More races with no tech? This is better? Big deal it’s a 5 day race. If things don’t go well for someone, you literally can show up on Wednesday and be going home on Thursday morning. WTF? Why does the Allstars race have to be run at Indy? Who’s idea in the NHRA was this no tech to save time deal. The experience of racing Indy has been watered down. Basically it’s a glorified points race now. Pretty disappointing
Allstars used to be in Joliet at Rt 66 Raceway Didn't have Joliet last year
Old 07-27-2021, 09:53 PM   #16
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover44 View Post
Allstars used to be in Joliet at Rt 66 Raceway Didn't have Joliet last year
It’s sponsored by Jegs, why not have it at Columbus?
Old 07-27-2021, 10:01 PM   #17
doglover44
VIP Member

Liked 392 Times in 181 Posts

Quote:
It’s sponsored by Jegs, why not have it at Columbus?
There is no National at Columbus anymore sadly
Old 07-27-2021, 10:09 PM   #18
B Parker

Liked 2,312 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
More races with no tech? This is better? Big deal it’s a 5 day race. If things don’t go well for someone, you literally can show up on Wednesday and be going home on Thursday morning. WTF? Why does the Allstars race have to be run at Indy? Who’s idea in the NHRA was this no tech to save time deal? The experience of racing Indy has been watered down. Basically it’s a glorified points race now. Pretty disappointing. But at least the parking situation is better.
But Todd they let you park on Monday. LOL So parking on Monday takes the place of the last race that actually had tear downs. And lets completely ignore the poll that overwhelmingly show's the racers that actually go to the race want it to be without AHFS. I'm sorry but for me they have Ruined Indy !!!!!!!!! Barry
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:35 PM   #19
Bobby Brannon

Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts

We race Indy to run fast. NHRA will not let us. So SAD.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:37 PM   #20
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

It’s been a good ride but the bean counters finally won

Last edited by Charley Downing; 07-27-2021 at 10:50 PM.
Charley Downing is offline   Reply With Quote