HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 07-08-2021, 04:35 PM   #1
marvstrick

Liked 32 Times in 9 Posts
Thumbs down warning meziere

dont buy there water pumps purchased in 1/15/21 new in box installed 3/30/21 ran on dyno 4 pulls put in car 1 1/8 mile hit motor on water pump goes out sends back 90 days latter said bad wiring, brand new k&r wiring blow fuse said they cant replace, 450.00 down the drain buy some where else. Marvin Strickland marvstrick@nc.rr.com
marvstrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 05:13 PM   #2
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,634 Times in 516 Posts
Default Re: warning meziere

Sorry about your luck. I guess anything can happen.
However I have had nothing but great things to say about Meziere. I have had two of their water pumps. One on each motor and I also just bought a spare. never gone bad in the last six years or more
I just upgraded to the 55 gallon water pump and transmission pan, excellent products.
Their starters make my car sound like it’s on 16 V I have two of those, One on each motor. Again never a problem and they have always been quick to pay Contingency.
Keith 944 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:56 AM   #3
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts

I put one of their pumps in a BBmopar housing. It was blowing fuses. The impeller was rubbing on the housing. Shimmed it out with another gasket and haven't had any issues since.
Old 07-09-2021, 09:54 AM   #4
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 289 Posts

Wow that is very surprising. My son had a problem with a pump that was many years old. He sent it in for repair (pre pandemic) and it was repaired and returned the same day they got it.
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-09-2021, 12:27 PM   #5
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts

ugh
Lost a flexplate & a water pump
expensive, water pump cost a race (travel,entry, fun...gone)

Still bought another water pump, have 3
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 02:58 PM   #6
SSGT Mustang

Liked 203 Times in 53 Posts

I've nothing but positive experiences with Meziere for years, including a custom flexplate they made for me.

I'm not saying others haven't had problems. I'm just saying the stuff I've gotten has been real nice. No complaints.

Don's a great guy. If you have a problem give him a call if you haven't already.
SSGT Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 03:08 PM   #7
Dan Walcott

Liked 92 Times in 26 Posts

Had a similar thing happen at the dyno. new pump blows fuses. sent it back for repair or replace, got it back, same thing-blows fuse-. Called them and Mike suggested at the front of the pump is a plug , remove the plug insert an allen wrench and turn the pump by hand several revolutions, install plug , replace fuse , been working ever since. His reasoning is the brushes get seized(stuck) from sitting. So every spring I turn the pump by hand a few times and go racing. I no have 3 of their pumps , 2 on engines ,one for the trailer.
Dan Walcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 03:11 PM   #8
Dan Walcott

Liked 92 Times in 26 Posts

Had a similar thing happen at the dyno. new pump blows fuses. sent it back for repair or replace, got it back, same thing-blows fuse-. Called them and Mike suggested at the front of the pump is a plug , remove the plug insert an allen wrench and turn the pump by hand several revolutions, install plug , replace fuse , been working ever since. His reasoning is the brushes get seized(stuck) from sitting. So every spring I turn the pump by hand a few times and go racing. I now have 3 of their pumps , 2 on engines ,one for the trailer.
Dan Walcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 01:37 PM   #9
1legjerry

Liked 58 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvstrick View Post
dont buy there water pumps purchased in 1/15/21 new in box installed 3/30/21 ran on dyno 4 pulls put in car 1 1/8 mile hit motor on water pump goes out sends back 90 days latter said bad wiring, brand new k&r wiring blow fuse said they cant replace, 450.00 down the drain buy some where else. Marvin Strickland marvstrick@nc.rr.com
Hi Marvin, Jerry from Mezieres. I could not send a private message to you so I sent you a email. If you can please contact me, I would like to help resolve the issue with the pump.
1legjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:36 PM   #10
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1legjerry View Post
Hi Marvin, Jerry from Mezieres. I could not send a private message to you so I sent you a email. If you can please contact me, I would like to help resolve the issue with the pump.
The following is my experience with Meziere. In the late nineties I purchased an electric WP for my SBC stocker. It is still on the car. I also bought a spare , it collects dust in the original packaging in the trailer. About what I expected from a company of RACERS. So sorry that you had problems, Marvin.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote