HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-01-2021, 12:14 PM   #1
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,452 Times in 1,956 Posts
Default Parking at Indy Divisional this week?

The only thing I can find on schedule says parking begins at 8 on Thursday. Do we come in Main Gate? Can we stack on Wednesday?

We had to buy our credentials on line, but then we have to get them at Will Call! So how does that help with Covid? Still have to get in line!!

Patsy
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:57 PM   #2
ss3011

Liked 221 Times in 102 Posts
Default Re: Parking at Indy Divisional this week?

I liked the way they did the entry fee at Norwalk , wished they used that as the standard !
ss3011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:09 PM   #3
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,452 Times in 1,956 Posts

I got a reply from Division 3 that stacking begins at noon on Wednesday!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 12:58 PM   #4
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
ok here goes since I am a pit snob. and a starting line snob as well as a hotel snob.
I am wondering why the very first impression of a racer is met with an employee by telling them they can't park where they want so a racer starts out with a bad taste instantly.
this is not good we all have paid a lot of money to the race track plus the money we spend on our race cars. we deserve a pit spot where want to pit without a hassle.
the solution is very simple pit a 4 dollar sign on where each class can park then say if you are in the wrong parking area you will be asked to move.
now the track personnel since it is the first time they have parked are confused anyway.
Redman was the very best at making racers happy every racer knows this by the way and would go where he directed them to. I personally will not stay at a track if I do not like where I am pitted I will ask for my money back and leave no matter what track or race
now they say no saving a spot I say let each can save 1 spot for a reasonable amount of time. Now the track does save spaces for racers not sure why they do this as we all pay the same to get in??.
the track must not make a racer drive on gravel really a top. notch track making their customers drive their $150,000 race car on a rough gravel road. If I were a track owner and I had to [pit my customers on a gravel road i would be embarrassed about the facility being second rate

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 08-03-2021 at 05:30 PM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 08-03-2021, 04:37 PM   #5
Ralph A Powell

Liked 202 Times in 123 Posts

Sounds like you need a good dose of Midol! Your just going to race there.
Ralph A Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 08-03-2021, 04:58 PM   #6
Bandit 1

Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

Don has some valid points that hopefully will reach the powers that be. The Division has sponsor obligations to different partners. Some are well know and others are programs to benefit the LODRS for the racers. That is the reason for spots setup prior to the event.

Pretty sure "they" meaning the Division or Track Staff that help park at all events want everyone to find the perfect spot first time around for event. At times we have all had to move or deal with various imperfections on parking at events. All we ask is that "IF" you need to move you are asked politely. I recently heard the comment of you only have 1 chance at a first impression when meeting someone. That goes both ways as they say so keep that in mind.

The last year or so has been a mess on many levels for everyone. Is kind of nice to be able to voice concerns on parking instead of wondering if would ever be able to again. Big picture is what we all need to focus on.

Rant over... Carry on.
Bandit 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 05:25 PM   #7
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Each paying racer should be allowed to go in and Pit when they get to the track.They already have our money. By doing this ,the hassles created by the track in pitting their customers would be almost be eliminated

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 08-03-2021 at 05:32 PM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote